Tiger's Robertson Sees 'Doozy of a Recession'

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Comanche, Oct 21, 2007.

1. You need to do a 180 bro, the global economy is supported by the US consumer. They make a cheap product, we buy it on credit, they take the dollars and loan them back to us so we can buy more. It is a vicious cycle that cannot be perpetual.

-so I can work longer, so I can make more money, so I can buy more coke, so I can work longer, so I can make more money, so I can buy more coke......

Remember, they have exported their savings to us to spend. When we start defaulting on debt, they lose $$ too!

#11     Oct 21, 2007
  2. mokwit

mokwit

Agree, I'm holding back on increasing the shorts at least until the next Fed/Paulson spasm. Just keep reminding myself there will be more than enough downside to justify staying sidelined until both a clear downtrend and the Fed can't jack the markets back up with a cut.

#12     Oct 21, 2007
  3. mokwit

mokwit

So we have had the 25BP cut that did nothing. Should we short now or wait until the 100BP cut between FOMC meetings?

What other ammunition does Fed/Paulson have? None it seems. Fed shot it's load and nothing happened. Oh yeah, and it seems I-Banks balance sheets are you know, kinda a little bit worse than they said the were and yeah well, Fed Pumped in $41Bn for some reason.

#13     Nov 5, 2007
  4. Lets hope he doesn't short now, as he did shorting internet stocks (long before the bubble burst).

#14     Nov 5, 2007