Tickets, not jail, for pot users

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Jun 20, 2012.

Is this a bad idea?

1. Yes. It will increase drug use.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. No. It is a very good idea since small time pot users aren't criminal.

18 vote(s)
    78.3%
  3. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't care

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. BSAM

BSAM

Alcohol has caused ten trillion times more problems in this country than pot.

I suggest that we stop all alcohol sales in the USA.

And, if you're caught with it, you go to jail.

#21     Jun 21, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

You wanna repeat the 18th amendment? :)

#22     Jun 21, 2012
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Isn't that what our government geniuses are trying to do with pot?
    Has it worked or have we just wasted billions of dollars?

#23     Jun 21, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Sure it is
    It's NOT working.

#24     Jun 21, 2012
  5. BSAM

BSAM

Lukie, in a related matter, should the ATF know how many guns a person owns?
    I bet you are on their "list".
    Please show me in the Constitution where they are allowed to know this or where they can require a person to have a license to carry one.

#25     Jun 21, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

IMO No
    Fuck'em
    So far as I know it's not there.

#26     Jun 21, 2012
  7. Max E.

Max E.

The poll speaks for itself, on a site full of righties we are in full agreement pot should at a minimum be decriminalized. The only people still fighting this must have never tried it......

I could smoke pot till im blue in the face and i would never die of "marijuana poisioning," as i would pass out long before that, you dont black out off weed, and most specifically marijuana doesnt cause people to get aggressive..... in fact it has the opposite effect......

If you go down the list of harmful health effects weed is not even in the same league as alcohol.....

And on top of everything, fighting the "war" against weed costs billions of dollars and puts 100's of thousands of people in prison, while it empowers drug dealers, (because they can sell it for a markup) and ruins regular peoples lives, as the unfortunate people who are caught with it get brandished with the proverbial "Scarlet letter" whereby they have a criminal charge for the rest of the life that fucks their chances of getting a job.....

As a libertarian im in favour of legalizing all drugs but it just seems goddamn retarded to keep on prosecuting people for weed.....

#27     Jun 21, 2012
  8. The "well regulated militia" clause. If it doesn't mean anything, why is that qualifying clause there, whereas there aren't any qualifying clauses in the First Amendment?
    Despite that, we have libel laws, for far far less reason than we have regulation of firearms. Bill Buckley used them regularly to intimidate his critics into silence. For some reason, I've never seen anyone on this forum complain about that. Can't imagine why.

#28     Jun 21, 2012
  9. Well that's da gubbermint for ya.
    I personally have no use for weed though it does appear to have beneficial effects for those on chemotherapy.

#29     Jun 21, 2012
  10. pspr

pspr

#30     Jun 21, 2012