Tickets, not jail, for pot users

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Jun 20, 2012.

Is this a bad idea?

1. Yes. It will increase drug use.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. No. It is a very good idea since small time pot users aren't criminal.

18 vote(s)
    78.3%
  3. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't care

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. nitro

nitro

2. JamesL

JamesL

It's long overdue that weed should be treated like booze or tobacco and put in a "controlled" situation where it comes out of the shadows and gets that sin tax treatment.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm inclined to agree. And I'm not necessarily pro recreational drugs either.

4. I wonder if this is a trial balloon for Obama?

I have said before that Romney could cut into Obama's youth vote by coming out for something like this. It would give him a way to appeal to a lot of people outside his base without reversing any positions he has staked out during the primaries.

We can differ about the wisdom of smoking pot, but I would hope we could all agree no one should be going to jail for it. There are plenty of things that are a bad idea without being criminalized. Plus, it would be an effective blow against the mexican drug cartels.

5. Govt has no business telling adults what they can and cannot consume in any way shape or form.

From the size of soda's, salt on the table ,fat in your burger to coke in your snuff box.

Of course with that being said YOU are responsible for your behavior and consequences of your actions.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

You think Romney is merely afraid of losing some ultra conservative support? Assuming he even has any to begin with.

7. +1

8. Legal, taxed. Simple solution to what they want you to think is a complex problem.

9. Mercor

Mercor

This may be Obamas October surprise.

If it is legalized I say 10 years driving suspension if you are caught DUI

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

#10     Jun 20, 2012