Ticket Derivatives Thread

Discussion in 'Options' started by Nickvac, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Nickvac

Nickvac

I'm starting this thread in regard to Ticket Derivatives and strategies being implemented to trade them. There was no section for ticket derivatives but since they are essentially options I figured this would be the best place to post it. I wanna know what strategies can be implemented and if anyone is doing anything on the technical side of these markets. I feel like no real traders are playing these markets and there's a lot of dead money floating around. Any agree?

2. MTE

MTE

Are those Mickey Mouse options?:D

3. Nickvac

Nickvac

Nah. More along the lines of Super Bowl and World Series.

4. MTE

MTE

On a more serious note, I've never heard of them, care to post a link or briefly explain them?

5. Nickvac

Nickvac

The two main guys I know doing it are First Dibz and Yoonew. Yoonews got the exchange though, www.yoonew.com/market. Brokers mostly use it to hedge their risk but theres a lot of room to play in between the spread and make some quick gains.

6. Nickvac

Nickvac

For example I'm short Al game 1 Yankees World series tickets. Mostly because their eleven games back but some technical indicators I've built are saying their overpriced as well.

7. Kramden

Kramden

I've been using yoonew for a while now and I've made a ton of money.

8. Please tell us how you made the ton of money
    thanks

9. Kramden

Kramden

I bought tickets cheap and sold them for a lot. Last football season I paid $600 for 4 tickets for the Giants in the superbowl. I held onto them and when they beat the Packers I sold them for $2100 each. Thats a profit of almost $8000.

10. I can only imagine the HUGE counter party credit risk. Oh and like any other profit brag on the internet WHO CARES if you claim you made millions?

#10     Aug 24, 2008