Tickblaze - An Advanced Platform for Quants and Active Traders

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Tickblaze, May 27, 2021.

1. Tickblaze

Tickblaze

Hi Koros,

There are a couple of ways that you can download all of our US stocks minutes data for 2020 in Tickblaze:

1. Create a new Quant Desktop and set its data range to 2020-2021. Then add a strategy to that Quant Desktop and set it to run on minute bars as its main data series. Then click the start button to start backtesting. The platform will automatically connect to our data servers and download the required data.

2. Open our Data Warehouse window and launch the Import Data Wizard from it. It's available from the toolbar of the Data Warehouse window. Then select our data service (Tickblaze), specify the date range you want, select the symbols you want and start the import process. Simply follow the wizard.

Note that our free Community Edition only includes EOD data, so you'll need at least the Standard Edition to access minutes data.

You should probably watch some video tutorials that demonstrate how to use the platform: https://tickblaze.com/videotutorials

#51     Sep 18, 2021
  2. which broker?

#52     Sep 19, 2021
  3. Daniel.a

Daniel.a

IB

#53     Sep 19, 2021
  4. Hello Tickblaze

Do you have support for any other brokers yet ? Any other brokers planned for the future and their ETA ?

#54     Jan 28, 2022
  5. Tickblaze

Tickblaze

Hi, we're in final testing stages of integration to Rithmic, which will provide connectivity to many FCMs.
    We already have integration with the TT .NET SDK, but it requires a TT Pro account and we only offer it to select clients.

This integration will be released with Tickblaze 2.0, which supports C# 10.0 (.NET 6) as well as the latest version of Python. All will be available in 2-3 months.

#55     Jan 28, 2022
  6. Q.E.D.

Q.E.D.

Just checked-out your site; very impressive. I've looked over number of years for a program that seems to provide the functionality, speed, etc., esp with backtesting optimizations, but all have fallen short.

Few initial questions:

1. Roughly, number of hours/day/weeks to become familiar/expert with Tickblaze?

2. I may have missed, but does Tickblaze trade? Manage money? Associated with any managers?

3. Does Tickblaze, and/or possible hackers, have access to signals/results/etc. on subscriber computers?

4. Everything I saw seems logical, thoughtful, complete, & geared to successful trading. Curious as to why your day-of-week function lists Fri, Mon, Sat, Sun, Thur, Tue, Wed, in that order? Yes, notice it is alphabetical.

5. Are there independent programmers, and/or Tickblaze staff, that may provide expertise, & help -- at various rates -- to traders?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
    #56     Jan 30, 2022
  7. Tickblaze

Tickblaze

Let me answer those questions for you:

1. We don't keep track of these metrics and they are probably very different from user to user. That being said an experienced quant trader, that has knowledge in other quant trading platforms should be able to become an expert in Tickblaze very quickly. Of course you need to be a developer to fully enjoy what Tickblaze has to offer on the quant side.

Tickblaze video tutorials: https://www.tickblaze.com/videotutorials
    Tickblaze script samples: https://www.tickblaze.com/docs/guide/ScriptSamples.html

2. Tickblaze is a trading platform and can be used for both manual and automated trading. The company itself does not trade, we do not manage money and are not associated with any money managers.

3. Tickblaze is a desktop platform that stores users scripts locally on their own machines. The scripts are never transmitted to our servers, we do not have access to them, and no hacker could have access to them unless they hack to the user's own desktop of course.

4. All of the enums are alphabetically ordered for consistency. Perhaps we'll update the day of week enum to break from that pattern in version 2.0.

5. Yes, there are consultants that we can recommend. That being said any C# or Python developer that has knowledge in similar solutions should be able to jump right in. The Tickblaze API is well documented and easy to use.

#57     Jan 30, 2022
  8. Q.E.D.

Q.E.D.

Thanks for prompt & thorough answers. I will watch some tutorials, although on this notebook, using Firefox, the graphics did not show well, so will try on a multi-monitor desktop. I'm not a programmer, but with several programmers, we developed a back testing, optimization software, that also had a real-time version to interface with IB. We're talking 1980s, written in Clipper, a superset of dBase, Red Hat Linux, mostly C++ scripts, etc. I was never able to have that ported to updated libraries, around 15 years ago. Looks like you have accomplished what we had -- and more. I just need to decide how much time involved to get up-to-speed. Regards,

#58     Jan 31, 2022
    Tickblaze likes this.
  9. petrz

petrz

Hi, I have a question about Symbol Explorer, about adding multiple new symbols into a strategy.

I am trying to put in all ES futures single contracts (both historical and future ones) into the table, but since I can only do it one by one, it is really cumbersome (for some other futures like CL it will be around 168 - 190 symbols).

Is there a way I could use a CSV file with all the contract names and import it as one batch into the table?
    2022-06-22_15-04-49.png

#59     Jun 22, 2022
  10. Tickblaze

Tickblaze

Hi Petr,

That functionality is currently available for equities and forex symbols but not for futures, as part of the multiple symbol selection that you're using.

I'll add it to our to do list for Tickblaze 2.0, and hopefully get it out with the main release.
    We'll try to get a beta version to active users very soon.

#60     Jun 22, 2022