tick

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Free Thinker, Jan 2, 2003.

1. anybody notice the number of times the tick went +900 today. this was a powerful rally. looks like an asset allocation away from bonds judging by how hard bonds got hit today.

2. GD2KNO

GD2KNO

DO WE BEGIN A BULL MOVEMENT OR END A BEAR MARKET BOUNCE?

3. bull markets are extinct. killed when the bubble burst. we could have a nice few day rally though until upcoming earnings warnings or war fears spoil the party.

4. nitro

nitro

Yes,

But I am still not impressed with the values of PREM on the rallies. In addition, the volume was thin considering the move.

I will take it though, one of my best days ever.

nitro

5. oops its starting already.HD just warned.

6. Ditch

Ditch

Can anybody explain me why people long so much for the next bull market? This being a bear market for already 3 years it's getting rather pathetic. How long will it take before it finally sinks in, that markets can go down or move sideways for many years.

7. volume on the 1 min ES chart was very unusual today. Not sure I can remember ever seeing it this way. Heavy to normal on any little move up or down, then almost non existant on any sideways move.

I define normal tradeable on the 1 min as anything > 1,000 contracts per minute

8. nitro

nitro

I don't long for anything, as most professional traders can trade on both sides of the market, or even long only in bear markets.

However, the money was easier when the public was "trading" as well and "trading" stocks was a national pasttime - perhaps that is what they wish that would come back.

nitro

9. nitro

nitro

Yes,

I got nailed a couple of times today during the thin times...

nitro

10. Ditch

Ditch

i wasn't thinking you would, but i'm really surprised by the amount of "traders" on this board that do.

#10     Jan 2, 2003