Tick on IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by CAzzaro, Sep 2, 2005.

1. CAzzaro

CAzzaro

The symbol for "tick-nyse" is not working on my TWS today. I tried chat this AM with IB, where they stated that they are aware of the problem and working on it.

Now I'm wondering if everyone else also has the problem? Thanks for any feedback.

CA

2. Xenia

Xenia

Yes.

3. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

The glitch has been acknowledged in a different thread. It will be corrected for the next business day. Sorry for the inconvenience.

4. TICK-NASD is down again. Is there some special reason why this problem continues and can't be fixed? All I can get from IB is that they're "working on it", but it's been a week.

5. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

It was working yesterday (the first business day of the week) as promissed and it is working now.

6. is there a day that this broker doesnt have problems?

7. def wrote a couple of days ago: "Please keep in mind that Esignal is a data provider who charges clients for the data they provide. IB is a broker providing execution services."

In fact IB is doing pretty well the last few weeks as a broker. Can't complain, it's back like before! They might have whipped their more esoteric employees back into line as per def's ground rules. I love all add-ons, provided the main sevice is maintained 100+%.

Keep it up IB!
    nono
    :) :) :)

8. Dividend,

I think you are asking the wrong question.

A better question would be, how does this broker compare to other brokers, when one balances the problems against the good things?

Is there any broker that doesn't have problems every day?

Perhaps the public dialogue between IB officials and its customers reflects not an excess of problems, but rather a response to problems that are either ignored by other brokers, or don't even occur with those brokers because those other brokers lack the ambition to even attempt to provide what IB provides.

If people are criticizing IB, but staying with IB, then this reflects that IB must be doing something right, otherwise the critics would just leave IB, rather than criticize it.