$tick date update frequency

Discussion in 'Trading' started by a2vwnick, May 7, 2009.

1. a2vwnick

a2vwnick

Currently I am using esignal and $tick updates only every 6 seconds. Are there any data providers that update this in realtime or is this an nyse update delay issue? Thanks.

2. tgtrader

tgtrader

would like to know this as well (my data feed updates every ~10 seconds). Especially on a day like today (with some insane swings), it would be nice to see it in a higher frequency.

3. barchart dot com is every 3, but they don't have all market internals, they have $TICK though.

4. akdrmeb

akdrmeb

6 seconds is the standard

5. If it is vital to your trading protocol you can build your own TICK Indicator and update it every second or half second... using Excel, a DDE feed and VBA Code...

With that flexibility.. It can match the general TICK or be your own hybrid TICK...

You can create a TICK for...

General Market
    SPX
    NDX

Sector Markets
    XLB
    XLE
    XLF
    XLK
    XLI
    XLP
    XLU
    XLV
    XLY

etc... for anyting... and update it every second...

6. You can build just about any custom index in Excel...using a DDE feed...

7. cookding

cookding

I heard barchart dot com $TICK scale is screwed up? Is it still the case? Thanks.

BTW, Tradestation updates every second... when it is up and running ;-(

8. I am not sure. I don't $TICK anymore. Scale worked fine into Sierra Charts when I used it.

9. Pascal

Pascal

If you put tradestation tick versus esignal, you will see that tradestation is way faster. It's close enough to real-time to get pretty decent readings off it. You can put the $tick on a 1 min chart and recognize up trend days when it continuously bounces off the zero line. You can take profits when you get +1000 readings.