Tick Database Implementations

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by fatrat, Nov 25, 2006.

1. nitro

nitro

#31     Jan 6, 2007
  2. slacker

slacker

An improvement in MySQL for those on a budget:
    Still a little early to adopt but moving in the right direction.
    http://www.mysql.org/doc/refman/5.1/en/se-falcon-features.html

#32     Jan 6, 2007
  3. I came to the conclusion of the memory mapped file/linear database. Prefer to roll my own for several reasons, mainly because it's more fun.

I've gotten records written out at a rate of a couple million/per sec. to disk as I start to prototype this, although not piped in from the network. I fear Winsock will slow things considerably, although I'd like to pass the memory mapped file pointer right to the socket read function.

My budget for this is 0, so I dont want to pay.. Anyone aware of any free live streams I can test against?

#33     Jan 8, 2007
  4. Bowgett

Bowgett

IB has some test streams.

#34     Jan 8, 2007
  5. txuk

txuk

#35     Jan 8, 2007
  6. Dazuni

Dazuni

has anyone looked into Stream SQL. I discovered it today but as I am new to this auto-trading game I have not test it.

I still wonder how StreamSQL can handle live matrix calculation. I think it will be real trouble trying to get it done properly.

so is it true that everyone in auto trading has been handling this with Relational database then? I think for the size of it the best schema will be star schema, with Oracle or SQL2005 (?) you can have datatable partitioned so make it faster to do search. dont have index coz it will kill the insert process.

it is a difficult problem indeed.

#36     Jan 9, 2007
  7. nitro

nitro

#37     Jan 9, 2007
  8. Bowgett

Bowgett

You should stop thinking about women during trading dude.

#38     Jan 9, 2007
  9. nitro

nitro

Uuh,

When I was less than 30 years old or so, I used to think about women about once every three seconds. I am 44 years old now and I think about them about once every half an hour or so :(

nitro :D

#39     Jan 9, 2007
  10. Dazuni

Dazuni

I think if one could make the stream sit on top of a database that link to an olap tool it will be wicked!!

it will be live olap.

#40     Jan 10, 2007