Tick Data Feed - Cost?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by send_to_tony, Oct 8, 2008.

1. It depends on your system's requirements. For some high-frequency trading systems real-time tick data is a must, since the system can see and catch quotes not visible otherwise. Not mentioning algo/SR/arb strategies...
    But get ready to pay in 1-2k range for a good RT feed.

#11     Oct 12, 2008
  2. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Great to hear the service is working so well for you. We are looking at blending the snapshot functionality of OnDemand with our streaming real-time service but it's likely at least a few months away.

In the meantime, you can add bundles of streaming delayed data to your account for as little as $5/mo. Here's the bundle pricing:

http://www.esignal.com/esignal/pricing_delayed.aspx

In terms of the delay times, we use the exchange minimum guidelines. All are between 10-30 minutes and the delay times should be pretty universal across all suppliers.

Take care.

#12     Oct 12, 2008

3. Since you live in Japan you can real time data for free for all Japan exchanges if you open an account with Matsui Shouken.

#13     Oct 12, 2008
  4. Mutually exclusive, 'fraid you have to scratch a word out of that list..

#14     Oct 13, 2008
  5. i have a day job, dont really need real time data, just need some 1-min data to study and develop strategies.

whatz the min account size with matsui shouken so that i can use its data?

#15     Oct 13, 2008
  6. Scott, can I download 1-min stock prices onto my computer ? all i really need are downloadable 1-min historical stock prices. thanks.

#16     Oct 13, 2008
  7. There is no minimum. But its 1 minute charts go back only 5 days. And you can't adjust the y-axis as you can with eSignal. So the charts are sometimes difficult to read. But it's free!! And as long as you're new to this, you might want to follow the market real time to get a feel for it. You can follow the Nikkei futures until 8 P.M. with Matsui.

#17     Oct 13, 2008
  8. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

As it currently stands, eSignal only runs in "online" mode and doesn't store any data locally.

Thanks.

#18     Oct 13, 2008
  9. can someone recommend data providers whose 1-min prices could be downloaded onto Excel? not just online.

thanks!

#19     Oct 19, 2008
  10. Scott, does Esignal provide any 1-min historical data (downloadable) for NYSE names?

#20     Oct 21, 2008