Tick Charts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by frogy, May 24, 2002.

1. frogy

frogy

Anyone know which software programs can chart intraday bars with say 100 ticks-not just a single tick chart?

2. Tradestation and Metastock can do this. I'd also guess that NeoTicker and Realtick can do this. Most of the good charting programs should include the ability to do X tick charts.

3. Most professional charting software can.

With NeoTicker, you can even chart multi-second time frame like 5-sec, 23-sec, etc.

You can also have data and indicator of multiple time frame (100-tick, 5 min, 30 min and say 20 sec) all display within a single chart.

Isn't it cool :cool:

4. Dice2

Dice2

Hi L.

Nice plug! :D But you know what... it's really worth a serious look from what I gathered! So stay tuned. Downloading your demo to see what gives - as we speak! :cool:

I am a QQL user which will expire soon... looking for a charting tool to use for mainly intraday.

While I have you, here are a couple of questions.

1. The lease cost [$150/3 months], does it include the data feed RTQ streaming, etc.?

2. To purchase the software [$995], what would be my monthly cost after for daily access?

3. Can I have DMI, MACD, stochastic, Candles, Bollinger, 7/18/40/50 Weighted Moving Day Average, Donchian... all on the same chart. To run daily and intraday? If so, can I change to standard setting to my own? [That's what I have on QQL right now, and that's why it's so hard to part with it :( ]

Peace... Dice

5. Answers to your questions -

1. NeoTicker is not a data service. So you need your own data feed - eSignal, Quote.com, MyTrack, DTN, etc.

2. If you buy the full version, your monthly cost would be the data feed fee only.

3. yes - mix everything into a chart works fine and in fact, you can custom order the indicators to enforce your own way to display them. and yes - you can mix intraday and daily, both data and indicator too.

Do not understand what you mean by "standard setting"?
    so don't know what to say :)

If you mean that you would like to set your own default - in NT you can say save your complex chart with all the indicators, etc. as a template and reuse it on as many times as you wish.

Lawrence

6. Dice2

Dice2

Hi L!

By that I mean my own custom settings. MACD comes with 12/26/9 off the bat [on every software]. I use 5/15/9 instead. And so on for most of the chart indicators. So the Q is can I change any/all of them to whatever settings I like and use it accordingly on the chart?

Peace... Dice

7. yep - make the changes of parameters to the indicator once, click the button save default, then the indicator will use your settings as default from that point onward.

8. chuv

chuv

You can do all those things in Stock Watch Pro (www.crontech.com/swp). It uses Quote.com, not sure which feed you are using...

9. H2O

H2O

Check out Fibonacci Trader. (www.fibonaccitrader.com)

It's fully customizable, has the best support so I am a more than happy user.

I have nothing to do with them but if you want more info, PM me and I'll try to help.