Tick Charts vs. Time Charts

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by aphexcoil, Sep 9, 2002.

1. 100T...

• 100x.gif
      File size:
      33.3 KB
      Views:
    #21     Sep 9, 2002
  2. pethof

pethof

aphexcoil,

Are you using esignals advanced charts with tick bars? Have you ever recognized the wrong calculation of esignals tick charts? That is when your charts are opened, the tick bars are ok. But then when you let the charts run realtime and additional bars are drawn, much to many bars are drawn! You can verify this by comparing esignals tick charts to TradStation- or Ensign tick charts. Or just refresh esignals tickcharts and you will get another chart picture with the correct number of bars.

Maybe this is the reason why you are so enthusiastic about esignals tick charts?

Hans

#22     Sep 10, 2002
  3. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

The eSignal version that contains tick charts is still a beta version. Please make sure you report all issues to beta@esignal.com so we can properly investigate and resolve. When you notify us, please make sure you tell us the exact build # you are on and as much about the situation as possible.

Thanks,

#23     Sep 10, 2002
  4. pethof

pethof

Scott,

I did it several weeks ago with all details I had and I got a confirmation from esignal. But with the latest Beta 7.1 Build 472 the problem is still there.
    regards

#24     Sep 10, 2002
  5. pethof,

Perhaps something is wrong with your setup. I've had no issues with the Beta.

#25     Sep 10, 2002
  6. pethof

pethof

aphexcoil,

what else you can configure other than the number of ticks within a bar? i.e. 250T or 50T? Using a 250T bar will take a long time until you see the problem. Use a shorter tick frame and you will see it more quickly.

#26     Sep 10, 2002

7. I'm not sure how esignal does it thing, but since you are in
    Germany and the data originates from the U.S, I could
    understand how you might have some "tick" discrepancies.

It's kind of amazing you can get real/time data at all, going
    over land and sea.

Anyway, just something to consider.

#27     Sep 10, 2002
  8. Quah

Quah

How do you know you haven't had any problems? Do you have any other tick based charts to compare to?

#28     Sep 10, 2002
  9. Breakout,

The delay is probably still pretty minimal, but latency becomes and issue because of all those routing switches.

I've been watching ES a lot today via esignal and not one glitch. I love esignal (is this post worth a free month of service, Mr. Esignal Support man?)

#29     Sep 10, 2002
  10. Aphexcoil,

Just an innocent question. Have you ever done a live trade?

#30     Sep 10, 2002