Tick by Tick software with IB

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by z32000, Apr 9, 2007.

1. There is no free tick by tick charting service for futures.

#11     Apr 11, 2007
  2. Try with brokers like open e cry. They offer free charting with tick data backfill. You need to have an account with them and they provide only US futures data as far as I know.

#12     Apr 11, 2007
  3. Tick charts don't work right now with Sierra Charts. They store data in 2 second increments so alot of my 500 tic bar as 503,512, etc which is causing missed trade opps.

Not to mention IB has a flakey data feed. Just do a search on ET or Sierra Charts board and you will see lots of complaints.

#13     Apr 11, 2007
  4. Interesting info... do you know how stable their data feed is ?

#15     Apr 14, 2007
  5. z32000

z32000

i can't seem to figure out what this opentick.com site is about...
    is this api for programmers...because I just want to view data. I'm not a programmer taking on a project.
    What am I suppose to download to view this data?

#16     Apr 14, 2007
  6. I got know idea either : ) but interesting to know that free data real time is available..know how to implemented ?? don't know either... I am not a programmer myself. maybe somebody else knows how to use opentick for integration in a software.

#17     Apr 15, 2007
  7. OpenTick supply adapters for use with WealthLab, QuantDeveloper and AmiBroker. It is also supported by NinjaTrader, EclipseTrader, Ccapi2, tymoraPRO, multicharts, Sierra Chart, Right Edge. There are also open source bindings available for C++, .NET, Perl, Java, Delphi and COM.

The data feed is currently free -- although you are obviously required to pay exchange fees for real time data from whatever exchanges you need. Free means that technical support can be spotty at times. Only US exchanges are currently supported.

Sign up and try it. You might be surprised. esignal and iqfeed are probably very, very nervous.

#18     Apr 15, 2007
  8. z32000

z32000

without any disrespect, so what and where do i download the software?
    i have no clue on where to begin...any recommendations?

#19     Apr 15, 2007
  9. thank you for taking the time to answer in such a great detail originalskunk. helpful info.

#20     Apr 16, 2007