Tick Bars and Volume Bars

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by chinook, Jun 7, 2007.

1. I'm looking for a charting package that can display custom tick and volume bars. For instance, I'd like to see 1 bar for every 100 ticks or 100 contracts. Here is what I'm looking for:

1) Tick and Volume Bars
    2) Data from US and European commodity exchanges (including LME and ICE)
    3)Fully programmable (similar to Tradestation)
    4)Preferably has an API that gives access to real-time market data

I used Tradestation in the past but it's commodity data coverage is weak.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. Multicharts might be the answer.

3. Thanks. I took a quick look at it but it doesn't have the volume/bar chart capability.

4. just21

just21

neoticker or ensign with iqfeed.

5. i didn't see volume charts mentioned on the front page.. i am 99% sure Multicharts has the capability. FWIW i don't use multicharts...

6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Multichart definitely has volume bars. I persoanlly use NinjaTrader 6. It has everything you might need including all majors APIs.

7. eSignal

8. maxpi

maxpi

Multicharts does not have tick bars and it can't backtest to the tick in any kind of bars. That is what I saw when I downloaded the trial version, maybe I was confused.

I just spent two weeks struggling with code / lookinsidebarktesting /intrabarorder /intrabarpersist stuff with Tradestation, maybe I'm permanently confused at this point.

9. skippy

skippy

Sorry, what are you talking about? I've been using MultiCharts for a couple of months now, and it has all those things.

10. Ninja 6.0 will have that and they best part of that is that it is free for development purposes. Best price out there.

I have been using this for last 7-8 month and doing custom stuff that I could not elsewhere. Good library for Dot net framework.

Solid package. I will post some example later today.

#10     Jun 9, 2007