TICK and TIKI

Discussion in 'Trading' started by El Cazador, May 17, 2002.

1. I agree with you I spoke with in the past REALTICK & they for some reason have bad $TICK data

TRADESTATION, Aspen, QUOTE.com ect, have similar data BUT REALTICK, way off & They admitted to me they have different criteria & do not know how to bring it in line with the other platforms, sometimes you will see TRADESTION @ the 0 line marking the end of the move on a pullback & S&P has a nice bear flag pattern & REALTICK is - 200 or something still......so realtick is a good program but lacks alot in that dept of proper TICK data...SO YES I agree with you Laurence...........Chris

Also EASYRIDER she uses ASPEN & yes its kicking out same as Tradestation so her data is proper

#21     May 19, 2002
  2. Kymar

Kymar

But wouldn't the "unfair" ticks average out against each other, letting the "fair" ones, or in any event the general direction, shine through, overall? I mean, we all know it's a blunt instrument...

Though I know that many experienced traders ignore the Nasdaq Tick, consider it useless or worse, or in any case prefer NYSE Tick, in my observation they don't really give such different reads.

#22     May 19, 2002
  3. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

I use Quote.com feed and have no problems with the Tick.NY data. I actually prefer quote.com's feed over any other feed.

#23     May 19, 2002
  4. The cancellation of unfair ticks do happen but slow, say every 5 to 10 secs the "burst" of uneven bias is gone.

Thus if your vendor sample right at the peak of the burst .... you get extreme reading of tikq.

#24     May 19, 2002