Tibet was NEVER Chinese

Discussion in 'Politics' started by andrasnm, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Qing is Manchu empire, not chinese. Manchu(Qing) just conqured China(Ming) like Mongols did.

Manchu are not chinese. Manchu language is radically different from Chinese, and they used Manchu letters.

Yuan is a Mongolian country, likewise, Qing is a Manchu country. China was just governed by Mongol and Manchu empires. So, Tibet had never been part of China until China invaded Tibet in 1950s.

2. You have reading comprehension problem? The Han chinese themselves were not part of the empire they now call china.

3. You have reading comprehension problem? The Han chinese themselves were not part of the empire they now call china.

4. Mercor

Mercor

Gosh, I can't find Israel on that map.

5. Blacks are never American.

:D

America belongs to whitey only.

6. I understand you perfectly. The Han Chinese were in Africa at that time. Now go back to your hole.

7. You're right. Only an idiot would try to justify the independence of a nation on the notion that it was ALWAYS independent. It doesn't have to be.

8. I consider myself, completely baffled on this one.

There has never been a common language between china and tibet, but this is true of most of china.
    And most of europe, just depend's how far back you want to go to discern language groups.

The influence of the golden hordes language and culture is evident across most of eurasia, indeed, russia, but you got me here, i dont know what your talking about on this one.

Except that the beijing olympics will suck, (like they dont already) but we allready knew that.

9. For your education, this is quoted from wiki:

The Manchu people (Manchu: Manju; simplified Chinese: 满族; traditional Chinese: 滿族; pinyin: Mǎnzú, Mongolian: Манж) are a Tungusic people who originated in Manchuria (today's Northeastern China). During their rise in the seventeenth century, along with the help of Ming rebels (such as general Wu Sangui), they conquered the Ming Dynasty and founded the Qing Dynasty, which ruled China until its abolition in 1911 after the Xinhai Revolution, which established a republican government in its place.

The Manchu ethnicity have largely been assimilated with the Han Chinese. The Manchu language is almost extinct, now spoken only among a small number of elderly in remote rural areas of northeastern China and a few scholars; there are around ten thousand speakers of Sibe (Xibo), a Manchu dialect spoken in the Ili region of Xinjiang. In recent years, however, there has been a resurgence of interest in Manchu culture among both ethnic Manchus and Han. The number of Chinese today with some Manchu ancestry is quite large, and the adoption of favorable policies towards ethnic minorities (such as preferential university admission and government employment opportunities) has encouraged some people with mixed-Han and Manchu ancestry to re-identify themselves as Manchu.

#10     Apr 12, 2008