Thursday May 17th

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by QMTrader, May 17, 2007.

1. Mins

Mins

Thanks for the advice mate.

All my scalper strategies are based on pre-defined parameters for exit and entry. Each strategy has a target and a stop based on the market variables and the strategy which is in play.

Moreover, i am continually learning and trying to improve my strategy everyday: reading new complex books, learning programming and reading forums all over the net. I am trying to employ the same discipline towards learning that i did towards achieving my degree in Economics, hence, i would like to have deciphered as much information as possible and put it to use within next 4 years.

Regarding your point about too many things happening at the same time. I was just discussing this point the other day; i don't feel overwhelmed whatsoever, i currently have 6 screens setup and can view them for over 12 hours easily. This maybe due to the fact that i am young and moreover these types of fast moving data has already been embedded in my mind playing fast real time PC video games.

The movement in playing PC games and quick decision making can only be gained with years of practice, and i feel this really helps when it comes to trading. I know this sounds like a rather frivolous point but i really feel it has some merit. There are always some who get overwhelmed with real time strategy games due to the speed you have to play them, for veteran gamers this comes easy and processing a lot of information becomes easier. Sorry if you don't agree with this lame point. :D

Being a bit of a computer geek does not hurt either
    :D

Good luck with all your endeavors friend.

#11     May 18, 2007