Throwing in the towel

Discussion in 'Trading' started by proptr8r, Feb 24, 2003.

1. nitro

nitro

Brother randynutts, FPC, ALICE, SuperEgo, Katrina Johns, protrader1, traderRX, and the other 8452 handles:

Please STOP drinking WHEN taking your medicine. I keep telling you but you won't listen. One day they are going to have to put you in a restraint suit at the hospital and you won't like it!

nitro

#31     Feb 24, 2003
  2. Ok..so I missed that part of the market where everything was consistent? Dang... when the heck was that?:D

#32     Feb 25, 2003
  3. I think you're doing the right thing; you can always come back later and trade or possibly trade part-time. If you have the opportunity to make more on another job or in a business outside of trading , I think it would be foolish not to do it. I trust, however, that you have something already lined up. The job market is pretty soft right now, and making 40K a yr. would be a welcomed sight for alot of people.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best.

#33     Feb 25, 2003
  4. bye! see ya on da other side!(of the mcdees counter that is)and YES i want fries with that!!:)

ps yes please come back when any freakin moron with a little mouse can make a buk$$ HA! (mean time watch that door sm,akink your butt)

#34     Feb 25, 2003
  5. LOL:D

#35     Feb 25, 2003
  6. if you cant make $$ now, then you are an idiot. gdbye & gd riddance.. the natural evolution of thangs willl {are}dealing with yuo heheheh

ME?? you ask??

I got the IQ to make thru thick&thin ha!!

HA!!

#36     Feb 25, 2003
  7. I wish I could make 40K trading full-time but with my account it is clearly out of reach. Those who used to trade full time may want to try a longer time frame. That's what I do and I enjoy it , watching the market the whole day has become boring anyway. I also learned a great deal doing this and haven't had a losing trade for a while. Having a job or another business certainly takes off a lot of the pressure to trade.

#37     Feb 25, 2003
  8. Donkell

Donkell

----------------=====================================
    """agin1415

02-24-03 06:30 PM
    Trading Size is the ONLY answer
    Doesn't matter how good you read Level II or the momentum indicators.

The profit is not there in the trade sizes that would normally produce a nice 100 to 500 buck pop.

You need big buying power.
    ""
    ==============================================
    The above statement by anin1415 is probably the most relevant today. Since you have been around a long time you are used to stocks moving 5 and 10 points a dozen times a day. Those days are over for now.
    Size is where it's at right now. many many stocks move only .10 to .50 a day. With size 2 to 10K you can do just fine.
    Someone else mention about adapting to the conditions of the day or current time. Very true. Look at the market and what it's doing, not what you want it to do. Then figure away to capture your share.

Don

#38     Feb 25, 2003
  9. 40K is not enough: you reason as if it is a salary. It is very different to get 40K as business or 40K as salary because of taxes, charges, risks so to get the equivalent of the same salary you must at least multiply by two or three. People don't realise that when they have never been self employed.

#39     Feb 25, 2003
  10. Hey Harrytrader,

the guy doesn't live in France OK? Making a living from trading alone is next to impossible in your country because of the taxes and social security contributions.

#40     Feb 25, 2003