Throwing in the towel before I even traded 1 share

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lpchad, Jan 2, 2009.

1. LOL nice work my friend! It is a good life isn't it? However its a shame you couldn't muster up the courage to hike up your skirt, grab your balls and actually sling a few contracts around.....oh well I guess some parts of the business aren't for everyone. :D

#31     Jan 5, 2009
  2. lpchad

lpchad

Bumpity Bumpity Bump

#32     Jan 6, 2009
  3. This is the funniest post on ET :D

#33     Jan 6, 2009
  4. You are a complete COCK

#34     Jan 6, 2009
  5. The OP is a pussy cat...

Sorry bro, but if you've got a good work history, degrees, and skills then you have the perfect back up plan.

If you got the money...

If you got the appetite for taking a risk...

Then you SHOULD trade. If you don't feel compelled, then don't. There are strategies you can tweak to swing trade the trends (which is recommended).

I think you need to stop being a pussy and atleast DIP your toes in. . .

Nobody said you need to trade with 100k.
    Try trading $5000 (assuming you have that much ? ? ?)

I have a buddy who just started. I showed him how to use a couple of SMA's and chart patterns, the kid (20) went on to turn 4.5k into 40k in futures and FX. Not bad for a kid!

#35     Jan 7, 2009
  6. lpchad

lpchad

I think you are right Jay. I have well over 5K available that I could lose and not be affected. Perhaps I'll just start with 1 YM contract and work from there.

#36     Jan 7, 2009
  7. jnbadger

jnbadger

If this is not a joke, then you should not be trading in the first place.

The life of a trader, a profitable trader, has nothing to do with showing off for the ladies, or acting cool at parties.

It has to do with having a passion for markets, and loving the potentially agonizing learning curve.

If you are in it for material reasons, you'd be best advised to not trade one share or contract.

#37     Jan 7, 2009
  8. lpchad

lpchad

Point well taken, but what's wrong with loving the markets and having some modest enjoyment of the material benefits?

#38     Jan 7, 2009
  9. jnbadger

jnbadger

Oh absolutely, but you just need to realize that a love for the markets will possibly, eventually get you those things.

Focusing on material things first will lead you to take trades you shouldn't be taking, and keep you from getting those things.

Kind of a crazy paradox, ain't it? :cool:

#39     Jan 7, 2009
  10. Would he have done as well or better without the SMAs? (Aren't higher highs and higher lows the best "MAs" for longs and vice versa?)

#40     Jan 7, 2009