Throwing in the towel before I even traded 1 share

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lpchad, Jan 2, 2009.

1. if you can't make money in markets like the ones we have had the last 4 months than something is wrong with you

#11     Jan 2, 2009
  2. lpchad

lpchad

Where in Chicago can you live on $400 for rent, $200 for food? $200 utlities is reasonable.

#12     Jan 2, 2009
  3. lpchad

lpchad

Can you elaborate?

#13     Jan 2, 2009
  4. Well if i was already rich but you know..
    I just look at charts. With time you just start to KNOW what will happen. Like when you ride a bike. You know you can but have no idea why. Forget indicators!!! My recommendation at least.

#14     Jan 2, 2009
  5. Euler

Euler

Heheh..very funny post indeed! But lpchad seems to have claimed to have traded before; his credibility seems shaky to me:

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2171926#post2171926

#15     Jan 2, 2009
  6. lpchad

lpchad

I like that analogy.

#16     Jan 2, 2009
  7. Just when you think you have had enough of ET, the stupidity goes up a few notches :D

To the OP, trading is not a bragging badge like shagging a member of the Royal family or Paris Hilton, its a full time rewarding career, you need to structure your learning and trading as if you were doing an apprenticeship. Like a surgeon you will lose patients on the operating table (a.k.a stops being hit) , but that does not stop you from pursuing your vocation......

#17     Jan 2, 2009
  8. So, to re-cap this thread:

You are a pathetic liar posing as a trader.

You have no pride whatsoever, so you start a thread feigning shame and humility.

You have no courage despite spending months learning.

You have little aptitude for honesty with yourself or those surrounding you.

Gonna have to tag this as a record year for worst post (2 days).

Nice job....champion!

#18     Jan 2, 2009
  9. Chinatown, :p Seriously, single bachelor basement apartment (1 bedroom) is about $400 in my town anyway, $600 for couple(2 bedrooms). Check classifieds; such as craigslist. etc... Go to homeless shelter and ask for info on $200 food stamps, then you have about 300 to 400 dollar for food.:)

#19     Jan 2, 2009
  10. I have spent the last year masquerading as a "Yes" man. I've studiously affected various obsequious mannerisms. I've stylishly adopted a combover and I wear coke bottle glasses that magnify my pupils to the size of half dollars. I wear polyester suits with short sleeve dress shirts and a pocket protector. I replaced my Rolex with a gold plated Timex. I wear white socks with my $50 dress shoes. I only carry $5 in my threadbare wallet and an assortment of change. I constantly brag about my five figure 401K plan and the fact that next year I may be eligible for an additional week of vacation. I pride myself in the fact that I have 27 years until I'm eligible for a full two thirds pension and an actual gold watch from QVC. Dwight Schrute's got nothing on me. Little do people realize that I'm actually a millionaire trader living a farce. Is this how Warren Buffett feels like, driving around in his beat up car and cheap clothes? I can get used to this "Yes" man stuff. I feel like I'm on an undercover assignment!

#20     Jan 2, 2009