Throwing in the towel before I even traded 1 share

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lpchad, Jan 2, 2009.

1. lpchad

lpchad

I’m here to proclaim I am throwing in the towel before I even traded one share, let alone opened an account with a broker. Over the past 3 years I have fantasized what it would be like to live the life of a trader. I have lived it in all of its glory without having to risk one dime.

I fully took on the persona and acted as if I was one – at parties, talking loudly on my blackberry in public as if I was making lots of money so others could overhear me and be envious, and spent many hours reading books on TA, money management and psychology. I spent time outside the CBOT smoking cigarettes looking good to the ladies walking by.

All in all it was everything I thought it could be. Now I shall return to a cubicle and become a ‘yes man’ and massage Excel spreadsheets and manage emails in Microsoft Outlook.

2. Did you ever try to scourge yourself with a cat o nine tails. That might work.:D

3. What are the reasons as to why you are "throwing in the towel"?

4. lpchad

lpchad

I can't deal with the chance of failure. I don't want to lose my money I have worked for. I just have to remain as an employee for the corporation.

5. lol. I got a laugh.

I think it's a joke.

and if not....then you're kinda weird :)

6. Stop smoking and drinking, only spending on necessities; such as rent($400) and food($200); utilities ($200) you can save up to 60% of your monthly income.

If you ever blown out your account, just think it was wasted on non-essential things.:D

7. If you don´t like failure then you probably know the most important - how to handle risk! Risk a little and win alot..
    Sounds easy of course..

8. Cesko

Cesko

Only January 2 and bar has been set pretty high for the dumbest thread of 2009.
    Why do you guys even bother to reply?

9. This year why not buy some doctors clothes and hang outside a hospital. Then a pilots outfit to pick up chicks at airports...

Wow...thanks for posting, I think Ive found a new hobby.:p

10. whatever your decision I hope you don't regret it on your deathbed.

I have accepted the fact that if I die penniless and alone, but never regretted taking the chance, then I will die a happy man.

#10     Jan 2, 2009