throwing in the fkin towel!!!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by slickshal, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Robzebr

Robzebr

Has anyone gone to a trading school? I don't mean a free seminar put out by a broker that showcases their product but a real onsite school where you pay a few grand.

I'd be interested in hearing your experiences...

Thanks!

#141     Jan 28, 2007
  2. Welcome to the club!

This is true for everyone ... so what you have to do is analyze all of your trades, looking at money management, maximum stop loss - and the impact it has on your bottom-line, the maximum, average and minimum that a trade will tend to go in your direction before turning around, etc., etc.

Keep good notes.

Doing so will eventually lead you to being profitable. It really is just a business, in many respects, like any and every single other.
    Plentry of resources around here, don't hesitate to use them.

Best Regards,

JJ

#142     Jan 28, 2007
  3. Neet

Neet

The biggest problem (biggest not the only one) unsuccessful traders got (read 90% of the people here) is that they got a really hard time taking and accepting their small losses.

Bad trade, small loss, big deal, move on..

They should get a tattoo based on the above example

#143     Jan 28, 2007
  4. There are five parts to this game.

Discipline, research, experience, patience and the money to hold you through until you get it right, if you ever do.

Just in experience you will need a few years worth.

#144     Jan 28, 2007
  5. RAY

RAY

OK I see a good bet,

Give me 8.5 for 1 on this guy to succeed (would 1.5-2years be enough?), and I will take the bet. I am offering better than average odds.

(This is assumed that he has decent capitalization, and I will not bet big. I am not much of a gambler.)

#145     Jan 28, 2007
  6. ty for the advice

#146     Jan 28, 2007