Throw your partisanship out the window...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ivanovich, Feb 14, 2006.

1. I understand you analogy completely. I happen to think that it is a very poor analogy and for all practical sense irrelevant.

Conversely, I quess my line of questioning was a bit beyond your comprehension. Either that or you know that you have no valid response so feel the need to avoid the discussion.

#21     Feb 14, 2006
  2. It is a perfect analogy, because it goes to the issue, how to communicate effectively with someone who is not being reasonable.

It is not irrelevant at all.

Your "line" of questioning was juvenille, in my opinion of course, and went more to rhetorical questions, than some open minded seeking to know.

Weren't you the guy who once threatened to beat me up because of my opinions?

LOL.....

#22     Feb 14, 2006
  3. You may think whatever it is you want to think.

#23     Feb 14, 2006
  4. The important part is, at least one of us "thinks".

Thanks for sharing your enlightened views with us.

#24     Feb 14, 2006
  5. The big difference is that my wife and I, while idealogically different look after the best interests of one another and that of the family. That relationship dynamic is not present in the Western world/Islmaic world. I am all for analogies, can you provide me with one that is valid to the situation?

My line of questioning, while partially rhetorical, does highlight real world issues between fanaticla Islam and Western society. Do you deny this?

No, I do not recall ever threatening to beat you up.

#25     Feb 14, 2006
  6. You don't recall the threat?

Must have been some other 6 foot 4 inch 245 pound man....

I have provided a valid analogy, you don't get it and/or don't agree with it.

When it comes to fanaticism, whether it is child who fanatically wants something, a wife who is fanatically wanting something, a Christian fanatic, a Muslim fanatic, it really doesn't matter.

The approach is the same, you have to try to understand them if you want to get anywhere with communication, or you can try to muscle them, which is how many deal with kids and wives.....

Telling someone that they are fanatical and wrong, just plain doesn't work...yet that's exactly what Bush has done.

#26     Feb 14, 2006