Throw away your new 52" plasma!!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Mar 9, 2010.

1. pupu

pupu

Any droids involved?
    Where can I sign up?
    Tell me now!

#21     Mar 9, 2010
  2. This would be Nintendo's next generation of gaming console that is coming out later this year... Didn't ya know? ;)

#22     Mar 9, 2010
  3. pspr

pspr

I'm holding out for holographic TV. I don't think 3-D TV will get too far unless they can lose the glasses. Now, when they can project the show into my living room in life like fashion I'm interested.

#23     Mar 9, 2010
  4. drcha

drcha

I don't even have a HD or plasma to throw away. I'm still waiting for my 7 year old $89 Chinese TV to croak. It could be a while. My old cheapo Zenith lasted 15 years. By the time I'm ready, the actors may be putting on the show live in my living room. (god, I hope not--I wouldn't want to know most of them)

But an electric car--yes, that I'm holding out for. Not a hybrid, an electric. For that I can be an early adopter.

#24     Mar 9, 2010
  5. speres

speres

I'll keep my plasma for now, 3D makes my eyes go wonky

#25     Mar 10, 2010
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Lets take notice of all the dumb consumers who rush out to buy this garbage.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Panasonic Corp. on Wednesday revealed the price for its first 3-D TV set, confirming that $3,000 is about what it takes to be among the first to watch 3-D movies in the home.

The Japanese company put its first 3-D sets on sale at an event in New York on Wednesday. Panasonic's suggested retail price is $2,900 for a 50-inch plasma set, one pair of glasses and a 3-D Blu-ray player. An extra pair of glasses costs $150.

South Korean competitor Samsung Electronics Co. announced Tuesday that its 3-D sets would go on sale this week. For $3,000, buyers get a 46-inch set, two pairs of glasses, a 3-D Blu-ray player and a 3-D copy of "Monsters vs. Aliens." There's also a 55-inch set available -- it's $3,300 for the set alone.

Both manufacturers plan to expand their 3-D lines rapidly. Rivals are on their heels: LG Electronics Inc. plans to put its 3-D sets on sale in May and Sony Corp. is bringing out its 3-D sets this summer.

The sets can switch between 3-D and regular 2-D mode, which doesn't require glasses.

There's a dearth of movies on 3-D discs, but studios are rushing to put them out. On Wednesday, Twentieth Century Fox, the studio arm of News Corp., said it would make "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs" its debut title in 3-D Blu-ray.

#26     Mar 10, 2010
  7. sumfuka

sumfuka

This is a perfect example of "You don't own the stuff; the stuff owns you" Paying all that cash for a POS dangling in front of your face, just so you can see things in 3D. :)

#27     Mar 10, 2010
  8. 3D TV does not make any sense at this stage. only obsessive compulsives may buy them so that they could watch the same 3 movies over and over and over again.

Dr. Shortie Thorndyke Out

#28     Mar 10, 2010
  9. bigpapi

bigpapi

#29     Mar 10, 2010