Three Laws in Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by alex.samant, Jun 18, 2009.

1. judging by most of the responses here, except some and a couple of guys ... i really can't talk to anybody about stuff like the "probability time window of an event" or the "shape of order flows" .... it's a shame but i never expected the statistics to be any different anyways.

i stand by my original post. whoever wants to come with fresh arguments be my guest. i don't think i have anything else to say on this subject.

#41     Jun 18, 2009

2. Alex,

What else did you expect? You must have been praying for a miracle or some low probability occurance. The shape of order flows are too interesting for the monkeys on ET.

Here's one you may be familiar with, 'the grind', after a mark up. i love the way orders just plateau at a certain level.

Far too interesting for ET.

Dackster.

#42     Jun 18, 2009
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I've scanned over this thread twice now and don't see where you discussed "probability time window of an event" or the "shape of order flows".

Is that coming later or are you just a tease?

:)

#43     Jun 18, 2009
  4. euclid

euclid

The OP should have written what he really meant because what he wrote was nonsense.

Market prices are determined by the actions of the participants in that market. Their past actions are observable in the price history. The behaviour of market participants is consistent enough for predictions to be made based on these observations.

If you cannot predict the future then you cannot trade. Every entry or exit, every order placed is a prediction of the future price. And every trading decision is based on past data, including price.

#44     Jun 18, 2009
  5. BSAM

BSAM

LMAO---ET is truly an entertaining place.

#45     Jun 18, 2009
  6. Wouldn't underestimate the number of 'lurkers' here when you compare membership numbers/actual posters.Some may be more tempted to join in if they read something as potentially interesting as ''probability time window of an event''.....

#46     Jun 18, 2009
  7. Agree

#47     Jun 18, 2009
  8. thats where you get it wrong: Past prices can give you an idea how future prices will approximately be distributed. Obviously, only using past prices itself will provide a pretty poor distribution but even if you only add volume you may already get a much better distribution with more predictive power. So, I still say what the OP wrote is utter nonesense. Plus the attitude that came through in point 3 is the one of those "I want everything now, you guys conform to how I want it, when I want it, and for how much". Wealth is in the end built through hard work and destructed when people believe they can create wealth out of thin air. In the same manner nobody will ever make a dime in trading by thinking the market will bend to his/her life style or agenda.

And with this I am out...good luck (you will need it) to those who believe they can run their trading machine 24/7 and infrequently check on their bank account right from the beach.

#48     Jun 18, 2009
  9. dozu888

dozu888

OP is a clueless troll

#49     Jun 18, 2009
  10. lol, you can't talk to anyone who does not conform to your canned and totally unsupported points? ...there was one single guy in this whole thread who agreed with your points (maybe 2?) everyone else brought about points to refute your claims. And now you basically tell us you were unable to make your point and wanted to discuss something entirely different...but why do you blame others for your inability? Thats where I get lost ;-)

As said I am out of here I think I have given you way too much attention.

Good luck nonetheless!!!

#50     Jun 18, 2009