Thread Subscription and Searching

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Whamo, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Whamo

Whamo

Baron,

Is there a way to search closed threads? I only see options for searching all open threads or searching specific forums, am I missing something?

When a user subscribes to a thread they are brought back to the Forums overview page and not that specific forum page. It would be nice if this could be changed or set as a user option. I know when I'm in a specific forum reading threads and I subscribe to a thread I generally want to continue reading threads in that same forum. BTW, thanks for a great site!

Whamo

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Closed threads are searched by default. However, closed forums are not searchable. But since this site doesn't have any closed forums, that's not applicable anyway.

Yeah, that's a good suggestion. I'll look into this. Thanks.

3. Can I create a subscribed thread list, without having notifications sent to my e-mail everytime someone posts a message to those threads?

Another idea that I think would be really great if it could be managed at some point, would be to combine the subscribed thread and the buddy list functions. So if I read a post from someone whose ideas interest me, I could add that person to my special poster list. When logging in, I could see all threads with new messages listed, as I do now. But I could also choose to see the list only of threads with new messages from people on my special list.

The same could work in reverse. On the general new message threads list, that we see now, if the new message is from someone on our Ignore list there could be a special symbol, like a red X, indicating that the newest message was from someone I don't want to waste my time on. That would make looking through the list of new messaged threads simpler and faster.