Thread proliferation curtailment

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Buy1Sell2, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

OK, but I just don't see Baron agreeing to spend the time/effort to revamp the forum software to allow one new thread per week per user on a trading website that is designed to attract folks based on activity (when said "activity" is judged on posts, threads, etc).

Much easier to just click "ignore" on problem posters.

#11     Jul 19, 2017
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I'm not wanting to ignore posters. I simply recommend this as a way to have a more easily followed dialogue.

#12     Jul 19, 2017
  3. There should be a Thumbs Down, or Voting System in place...
    So if for example, a Forum Post gets 7 down votes...the post will be Deleted, :fistbump:o_O because people hate it, or because it's a dumb or low quality question -- or for whatever else reason,

This will maintain a certain degree of integrity or quality,

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    #13     Jul 19, 2017
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

This is off topic. However, I would comment that this type of censorship would not be good. For example, someone with a few multinicks could silence other folks. I don't like censorship.

#14     Jul 19, 2017
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Recommend that posters be given a "thread creation bank" . Credits are earned by posting and new threads could be created by a member say once every 30 or 50 postings that they make. Flooding of nonsense postings could be easily dealt with if someone does that to get more credits.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    #15     Jan 10, 2018
  6. RRY16

RRY16

Good idea but leave the Political forum alone like Clive Bundy and his land he thinks he owns.

#16     Jan 10, 2018
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Could also be considered a "Thread Mining Bank" --you know--like Bitcoin. I should mention that page views and postings would accelerate and be a net positive for the site owner.

#17     Jan 12, 2018
  8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I just implemented a certain flood control based upon this thread, which I'm not going to get into the details of for obvious reasons. Thanks for the feedback.

#18     Jan 25, 2018
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  9. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Thank you for your consideration and action.

#19     Jan 26, 2018