Thread Moderation

Discussion in 'Politics' started by easyrider, May 24, 2006.

1. For the most part the moderators do a decent job but there are exceptions. You make a sacrifice when you sign up to be moderator in that to do the job right you must sacrifice some of your time to keep up with the threads in your forum. The criteria for some moderators shutting down a thread is a large number of complaints which is ok but then they should have to check out the offending posts to make sure the complaints are legitimate and not the work of a few malcontents with multiple aliases. Richtrader recently closed the Grob/Hershey thread and I would ask him to point out the offending posts and why they werent simply deleted. I saw no name calling, no cussing, nothing but a lot of bickering about backtesting. Is bickering a cause to shut down a thread? If so this forum would very quickly be dormant.

2. Cheese

Cheese

Exactly.
    Without a few sparks flying any forum becomes dead.
    Its not just the specialized information of such a website as this which is sought by users, its also the manifold ways people in their various forms of expression can excite and attract an internet audience.
    :)

3. Come on some of the blatant cruelty does nothing, but reduce this board to a bitch fest!!!

4. I was watching to see how fast he moved it to Chitchat. LOL. If he was that diligent all the time there would be no problem.

5. Cheese

Cheese

Well instead you can always hold on to your Mummy's apron strings with one hand and use your other hand to suck your thumb.
    :D

6. You will find this to be a staple response for Cheese. A simple search will verify this claim. The question that arises is the potentially disturbing origin of these incessant references to Mummy and thumb sucking. There is no telling what will happen when that dam bursts.

7. Cheese

Cheese

Sweet.
    You've come out to play with the bigger boys .. schools out, is it?
    Or did you need a break from drifting away your day?
    :)