Thread for big locals/scalpers, 1000 rt's/day or more

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by John47, Dec 16, 2008.

1. He wants to discuss your SIZE of course. couldn't resist :eek:

#11     Dec 16, 2008
  2. forget it u asked for help not me

#12     Dec 16, 2008
  3. volente_00

volente_00

Pm germanliar, he can let you in on his little secret of getting .40 per rt on ES.

#13     Dec 16, 2008
  4. If u can t make more than that in this volatility then ur not trading well and when thinks change u ll be done

#14     Dec 16, 2008
  5. John47

John47

Thanks for the words of caution but I've been doing this for awhile, I think I'll be ok. :)

btw, I didn't ask for help, I wanted to create a dialogue with others like myself. Scalping in this fashion is very different than how most ET'ers trade, there aren't a lot that do it anywhere, and I was wondering if any happen to post here.

#15     Dec 17, 2008
  6. H2O

H2O

I used to trade this kind of size, but not as a scalper. (STIRS spreads) At the moment I'm trading much smaller size and increased my holding time because I am unable to sit behind the screens all day... (I also look at a much broader range of products now)
    Who knows... I may go back... only time will tell!

IMO what you are talking about is changing your style (you're looking to 'hang in there' for bigger profits) and my advise would be to look at these trades in a different way than you look at your scalping trades, as you will probably find that with the increased time in trade you will have to work with larger stops than when you're scalping.
    I also think that you will become less price sensitive but more range sensitive, in other words, you will enter over multiple prices. (Call it avg in or whatever you want, but I found that when trading relative stable strategies (in STIRS) this was the way forward that made a change for me.)

Of course I can only speak from my own (modest) experience trading a completely different product and style .

I'm sure though that you will know some people who trade similar and I guess it would make sense to talk to them. In case you do not know anyone, I wonder what your setup is (I assume you trade prop from an office with others, some likely to trade similar....)

#16     Dec 17, 2008
  7. Maybe you could post some basic stats about your trading so we can analyse them and start from there; %winner, average win, average loss, max win, min loss, ... but I guess you dont have that. So first thing, get the numbers and then you could think about improving something.

#17     Dec 17, 2008
  8. John47

John47

You're hitting on something there. Looking more at what general area's are "buys" vs. "sales" ...as rudimentary as it sounds is a better way to think when your scalping. It helps you decide when its worth it to take heat or not.

#18     Dec 17, 2008
  9. John47

John47

Out of curiosity, what would lead you to assume I don't keep that information about my own trading?

#19     Dec 17, 2008