Thousands of wealthy earners manage to zero out tax bills

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jun 1, 2012.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Huh?
    You started this thread by saying that 35,000 people in 2009 paid no income tax.
    So, I want those rich people to pay for everything they buy.
    How's that giving them a break???

#21     Jun 1, 2012
  2. BSAM

BSAM

This is the free thinking that you and all your liberal friends use to keep poor people poor.
    Poor usually equals stupid which equals Democrat voters.
    Gotta hand it to you; it works. (puns intended)

#22     Jun 1, 2012
  3. Way back when houses were assesed at the time of sale, obvioulsy people who owned there house for 10 or 20 years paid a lower tax rate than a new home built next door.

Along came equalization, now everybody supposedly pays a fair share, let me ask you this, Where's the additional money...

(And it's gone.)

Fair share? I thought the prior system was much fairer, kind of like a longevity discount on taxes. Because one day, that guy who pays less is going to be me.

#23     Jun 1, 2012
  4. BSAM

BSAM

There's always going to be poor people, but a lot of poor people in this country could better themselves if the US government would promote work instead of government handouts; which we can't even afford.

#24     Jun 1, 2012
  5. a consumption tax would be nirvana for savy rich people. for one thing they probably already have everything they need. under a consumption tax scheme they just stop spending.
    look at warren buffett. he still lives in the same house for 40+ years and he drives old cars. a consumption tax would not touch him. others would do the same.
    those that spend everything they make just to cover their living expenses would be hit the hardest.

another problem with a consumption tax is it would hurt consumption. the american economy is built around consumption. consumption tax = depression.

#25     Jun 1, 2012
  6. Brass

Brass

How many times do you have to read it before it sinks in? A consumption tax would disproportionately penalize the poor, who must spend most, if not all, of their income just to survive. It would keep the poor...poor.

#26     Jun 1, 2012
  7. the government does not promote work. after years of republican leadership it promotes job shifting overseas through tax policy.
    even still in your mind jobless people are just supposed to get out there and find a job.

#27     Jun 1, 2012
  8. BSAM

BSAM

LOL---Rich people won't spend money?
    Too funny.
    So if a consumption tax was put into place, rich people wouldn't eat, go on vacations or buy cars, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.???
    I wonder if Warren Buffet eats every day or uses toilet paper when he takes a shit?
    LOL

#28     Jun 1, 2012
  9. i am not in favor of property taxes. i think they are the worst kind of tax. taxes should come from excess income.

i am betting you are already one who pays less.

#29     Jun 1, 2012
  10. Amen.

#30     Jun 1, 2012