Thousands of wealthy earners manage to zero out tax bills

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jun 1, 2012.

1. so in your world those that scrape by with just enough to pay their bills every month should pay more while billionaires who struggle to find ways to spend their money should pay less?

#11     Jun 1, 2012
  2. as i said. retarded view. a thinker might come to the conclusion that if everyone did that the country would collapse and nobody would have the ability to make anything.
    to give you a thought exersize consider this. you and your neighbor have a similar house. you find out that he pays no property tax but you have a large tax bill. would you say good for him?

#12     Jun 1, 2012
  3. BSAM

BSAM

It's not about sympathy for the poor.
    It's about all these fat, lazy, mouthy bastards who stand around waiting for their monthly government handout every month.
    Guess who pays that money to them???
    I'd prefer they put their smartphone down, pick their fat asses up and get a j-o-b.

#13     Jun 1, 2012
  4. Care to back that up with the last published 2009 tax receipts from the IRS?

#14     Jun 1, 2012
  5. BSAM

BSAM

(He's talking about if we went to a consumption tax.)

#15     Jun 1, 2012
  6. Arnie

Arnie

According to the IRS, approx 45% of wage earners pay no Fed income tax. In fact a good many get money in the form of the EITC, making them net gainers.

I agree with BSAM. A flat consumption based tax, and NO deductions. None. That would give people an incentive to save.

#16     Jun 1, 2012
  7. save what? a great majority of people life paycheck to paycheck.

#17     Jun 1, 2012
  8. BSAM

BSAM

If we had a level playing field, i.e. a consumption tax, who's fault would that be for most people (paycheck to paycheck survivors)?

#18     Jun 1, 2012
  9. so you think people without a job will make up for the huge revenue loss if you give the rich even more of a break? what world do you live in?
    i am all for makework as a part of unemployment but lets get real here. those people are never going to have excess income to make up the revenue lost if what you propose came about.

#19     Jun 1, 2012
  10. whats fault got to do with it? many people just are not capable of earning enough to escape the poverty level.

#20     Jun 1, 2012