Thoughts on what people use for cloud calender

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tango29, Mar 31, 2014.

1. tango29

tango29

I am finally caving in and looking to put appointments, kids sports, etc on a calendar the family can all access and update as new things pop up. Looking for opinions on what people feel are the best options. I have a Galaxy S4 phone and am going to get the wife one now also.
    Thanks
    Bob

2. Well, consider the security implications first.... Do you really want you and your family's lives "out there"?

At the very least, make sure everybody uses good passwords. Otherwise, the next time you come back from a trip, you may not have any valuables left. Or you might open yourself to a home invasion if you're in the habit of keeping cash, surprising your wife with expensive jewelry, buying TVs and other easy to sell electronics, etc.

Or steal identity docs so they can milk you a little longer for (potentially) a lot more...

Yes, casing has gone high-tech - petty and identity thieves now troll FB, Twitter, etc to find low-risk homes/persons to steal from.

Convenience has it's downside. At the very least, be aware of what they might be.

3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

We use Google calendar with Samsung phones and it works great.

4. tango29

tango29

Thanks Baron. That seems to be the choice of most, so I will start putting it together. The hand written note system is toast. I really should have done this quite a few years ago.

5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

The way we have it set up is for each family member to get an email or text whenever a new event is added to the calendar. That way, nobody can ever pull the "Nobody told me" excuse. :D

6. I use google calendar also and it syncs automatically but it is lacking in many features. I used to use ACT! 4 contact manager and loved it. It stopped working on windows 7 and from reading the reviews I've waited to purchase a newer version. If anyone knows of a program that keeps detailed records of meeting and calls and able to schedule from the contacts listing and syncs with the smart phone I'd like to hear about it. I've looked at many on the trial period and so far have come up dry.

7. maxpi

maxpi

Works fine with Calendar Event Reminder app

8. tango29

tango29

I have a couple of those in our house too.:)