Thoughts on the CNBC Trading segment today...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by candletrader, May 1, 2002.

1. I saw that segment today and the traders name was Chris Lorenzen and he trades out of the momentum Securities office which I believe are located at 440 S LaSalle the CBOE building...Strange as this sounds, I believe a friend of mine did this guys mortgage about 3-4 years ago and know the guy was the real deal back then and it appears he still has his million dollar condo in the Gold Coast of Chicago...From what I understand he has also been at this for about 7 years and probably has pretty deep pockets...IT did show that he did 383,000 shares for about 5,200 dollars and obviously if he did not get a great break on commissions this would be one helluva a tough gig to make money doing that kind of volume...

Either way the guy is a proven talent and I give him alot of credit for continuing to perservere...Obviously someone who made the kind of dough he made during the boom years and continues at is a trader who loves trading...I am just happy they decided to focus on the upside of daytrading, a true professional, instead of doing their typical "witchhunt" trying to find all the Mark Barton's of trading instead...

#21     May 2, 2002
  2. jem

jem

trdermac I just read another post on here that said serge was one of the few who left the market with a lot of money and that he is travelling the world now. the thread mentioned that some of the other guys gave back some really large amounts of money trading the same style. (However, something tells me the thread was wrong and that Serge Millman must still be trading) How do I write in red?

#22     May 2, 2002
  3. The cover was Forbes, the guy was Serge Milman who was and still is with Broadway Trading (Manhattan, not travelling round the globe).

#23     May 2, 2002
  4. trdrmac

trdrmac

Good for him, they always say it is much harder to keep it than it is to make it. That is what Jimmy Rogers did, two trips around the world. Maybe CNBC can start a show called Where Are They Now, and run it in place of Suze Orman.

#24     May 2, 2002
  5. trdrmac

trdrmac

Missed the end of the post, probably because it was not in RED:D , which I can't do either.

Traveling or Trading, it's good to know he didn't blow up. Maybe these follow-up stories are a good technical indicator that the BEAR is heading back to his cave.

#25     May 2, 2002