Thoughts on Research In Motion (RIMM)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by MoneyMarket, Jun 15, 2011.

1. I wanted to buy RIMM today, but I took my eye off the ball, and missed the dip. [​IMG]

#61     Jul 7, 2011
  2. shfly

shfly

Nothing to add, except that I disagree strongly with your point re. AAPL...

Where is their Steve Jobs?

Maybe MSFT will step up to the plate...

BTW, MSFT also is in dire need of a Steve Jobs...someone with a vision...so few of those kind of leaders, I'm afraid...

#62     Jul 7, 2011
  3. RIMM was up today?

Why?

#63     Jul 7, 2011
  4. a couple thoughts... based upon my non-scientific 'gut' feeling (which may not be as good as those of you who have superior fundamental analysis skills)

1. RIMM moves higher and fills the gap from recent announcements

2. RIMM has an 'island-ish reversal' before filling the gap due to some unexpected but favorable news that leads the 'street' to believe the worst-case scenario is not likely happening (i.e. it's a $20 stock); i.e it gaps higher back to $35 based upon some announcement or other unexpected matters such as change in leadership or other watershed plans that lead the street to conclude RIMM is a $42-60 stock (as I believe).
    3. Today's move occurred because some learned that blue horseshoe is looking to acquire the company and it is in play.

4. This is a b.s. move and will be met with further (short selling) selling, and some big guys needed to create liquidity to dump.

#64     Jul 7, 2011
  5. For what its worth I've gone long 30/35/40/100 Jan 13 calls on RIMM.

Now if they would just pull their heads outta their butts...

#65     Jul 8, 2011
  6. RIMM has a double bottom, fellas. [​IMG]

#66     Jul 20, 2011
  7. #67     Dec 18, 2011
  8. wilddog

wilddog

Why try and pick a bottom. Trend is your friend.

#68     Dec 19, 2011