Thoughts on Research In Motion (RIMM)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by MoneyMarket, Jun 15, 2011.

1. down again.

-4% today so far.

#41     Jun 20, 2011
  2. +7% today, after -6% down yesterday = WILD

#42     Jun 21, 2011
  3. Say what? He was promoting his beloved RIMM when the price was WAY up there. [​IMG]

#43     Jun 21, 2011
  4. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Show me one post where I recommended buying RIMM this year. I had one last year, forecasting a 25% gain on the long side. It paid off in 5-6 weeks. 25% in 6 weeks is a nice payoff. Short term trade with specifically defined entry and exit points.

RIMM is a success story working through some short term issues. The takeover bidders are preparing now. Watch the sentiment on the stock change the minute people start trying to steal the company at these prices.

#44     Jun 22, 2011
  5. zdreg

zdreg

why do you post this nonsense? what do Canadians have to be bitter about. the $US is sinking. Canadians are buying up Florida with the current exchange rate at 70% off the peak..

the US is running trillion dollar deficits which is sinking the country.
    the education system is in shambles.

I guess you have to strike out at somebody.

#45     Jun 22, 2011
  6. I am watching RIMM very closely...I believe there is value there. I am looking to buy some Jan 13 calls between now and Sept.

#46     Jun 27, 2011
  7. You are CANADIAN. That automatically comes with a lifetime of bottled up bitterness.

Dont worry once we blow all of our money, we will just make you guys part of the US, you are already our 51st state in all but name anyway! That should keep the party going for at least another decade with all that free oil and healthcare. Since you guys have no use for those ridiculous high taxes you are paying, we will help you out! It's a win win!

:eek:

#47     Jun 27, 2011
  8. I was trading RIM last month or so; I think accumulating a position in OTM call options with expiry of Sept to Dec... is a wining proposition. I see RIM near 40-42 by year end.

I have been trading this stock since 2000... and this is about the 15th time it's had a premature obituary written by no-nothing analysts and financial jounalists; each time that happened over the years the stock doubled, or more.

Anecdotally, people I talk with seem to love the blackberry. Many do not like touch-screen phones. The APP issue will be resolved. Blackberry is still one of the best smart phones out there; in my view the best for business people.

It is my humble view that once RIM releases the 9900 BOLD, and newer and upgraded technology, OS etc.... this stock will pop $10 minimum within a few days.

Also you have the ' buyout card' providing support at current levels.

#48     Jun 28, 2011
  9. a couple more things:

I would not rush into RIM this month as funds that went bottom-fishing too soon, may do window un-dressing; further unless Buffet comes out tomorrow and says he owns a Blackberry and thinks RIM is significantly undervalued and he is acquiring a position therein, there will be time to get on board.

July as I recall is historically the biggest upside month of the year. That does not mean this year will be up (i.e the broader markets). It also does not mean RIM will join in with any rally. However I think July is the time to begin accumulating options positions in RIM, and look for NDX to be significantly higher.

That is my game plan as I am not a day trader, but a position/ swing trader.

#49     Jun 28, 2011
  10. how the H does any human make 10,000 posts since 2007???! Are you a message board/forum addict (or BOT)... or do you actually trade?

Further, since you are looking for sub-24 and then $9 I trust you have long puts or short stock, right now, in your account Am I correct? That -would- make sense since you are so g-damn sure about RIM continuing its' downtrend?

Having been on ET since 1998 I am always amazed at opinions of guys without any position in an equity.

The only opinions I have ever valued are those that actually (can prove) their money is where their mouth(s) are!

#50     Jun 28, 2011