Thoughts on Research In Motion (RIMM)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by MoneyMarket, Jun 15, 2011.

1. MSFT will buy them when the shares get in the teens.

#21     Jun 17, 2011
  2. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

AAPL is a very appropriate comparism, I doubt you were even paying attention in 1998. If you want to be taken seriously, you need to make better posts and do some proper research.

#22     Jun 17, 2011
  3. Making a historical analog to AAPL is nonsense. They (AAPL) had shit products and declining market share, but invented *the market* for the MP3 player, and then the iPhone by extension.

RIMM is fucked... unless they discover and patent cold-fusion. The stock will never see its ATH again.

#23     Jun 17, 2011
  4. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Hmm, "shit products and declining market share". Sounds like all the posts about RIMM these days. Let me see now, an innovative technology company, well staffed, with a proven history of developing and marketing their products. Yet in your wisdom you don't think they can create new products ?

The comparism is bang on. Sorry it makes you so uncomfortable.
    Go back to something you American traders like more, like Citigroup or General Motors.

#24     Jun 17, 2011
  5. empee

empee

Bitter Canadian, eh?

#25     Jun 17, 2011
  6. Comparism? Is that a portmanteau? I ask, because that's the second time you've posted that "word".

Your argument that they have something big in the pipeline is fantasy. WTF does "well staffed" do for RIMM when they lose 300bp in share in a quarter?

"Proven history of developing and marketing their products..." Right, as does any company which sells a product and remains in business. Something that is open to debate as RIMM loses more and more share. The company isn't a target at $30 (3x cash), but maybe as an arb when it's trading at cash ($10/share).

#26     Jun 17, 2011
  7. ammo

ammo

going to a minimum of sub 24,and then drop to 9

#27     Jun 17, 2011
  8. only down 22% today. lost almost 2/3 since Feb 2011. there must be value somewhere around here (i.e. good for a bounce).

in support of RIMM i add that even many chinese companies that have dropped like rocks recently are doing better than RIMM (price-wise).

#28     Jun 17, 2011
  9. #29     Jun 17, 2011
  10. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

I wouldn't want to be American these days. Huge housing crash ( many homeowners are underwater ), huge unemployment, and rising taxes ( yes, they are coming ). Things are much better right now in Canada. In fact, our housing prices rose this year; seems more people want to live here.

And I'm really not sure why some of you are so happy to see RIMM have problems. Surely you must realize that as Apple becomes a monopoly in certain product lines, they can increase their prices and the good old American consumer will either have to pay or not have product.

So the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. That surely IS the American way now, isn't it ? APPL as a monopoly isn't a problem if you buy AAPL stock and hold.

#30     Jun 17, 2011