Thoughts on next FED move

Discussion in 'Trading' started by pumpanddumper, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Okay, so if the markets continue to get bloated and run further higher, that should less likelyhood of another cut. Perma Bulls get their rocks off, praise the FED cuts, etc...everything all cheery...

BUT, with some major regional banks in a week and a half reporting and some taking massive hits(some say factored in), thats a good enough cause to re-correct this last surge?

So fear and uncertainty sets in again end of April and these fools cut .50? Unfortunately these rates will see 1% by summer. A side of me wants this to backfire in their faces. Funny how the rest of the world is not budging at all to cut still especially the ECB.

I demand a full investigation on the FED.:)

Furthermore, will we end up like Japan and just sit at 1% for years to come?

2. mokwit

mokwit

Yes if the governement responds to industry lobbying and acts to prevent clearing with its no bank/homebuilder will go bankrupt policy.

3. gobar

gobar

now i think 2.25 cut in next meeting... :):D

4. I don't think we will be seeing anymore rate cuts from the Fed (barring anything catastrophic). two people voted against the fed cut last time and there will undoubtedly be more people against it if another one was brought up. they also have been hinting that we should not be expecting cuts from now on (but then again they have been hinting that for a while)

also, the smarter move is to just not cut it any further.