Thoughts on firm?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bplace, Apr 27, 2008.

1. bplace

bplace

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the proprietary trading firm IMC-Chicago. Do you have to put up your own capital or is it provided to you?

Thanks for your help

2. I haven't heard of this group. But I have heard Tower Hill Trading is VERY good.

No one in Chicago can compete with them.

3. IMC stands for I Make Crap....they don't train. they make you put up 50k to start, they charge a monthly software and desk fee of 4k , they charge 5 cents per share commission and 2 cents per ecn and they pay out only 10%...there are much better deals out there

4. whizkid

whizkid

that is absolutely not true. IMC stands for International Marketmakers Combination. They don't make you put up a fee, they do train you.

Stop posting crap on these boards.

They're up in the sears tower right now. They aren't bad.

5. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

Don't mind TM. He's just a grumpy individual. Must have something to do with the fact that the firm he co-founded recently went under (you can find it here if you search for it) and he's being investigated by FINRA/SEC for fraudulent behavior while running that business into the ground.

6. actually thats not me. left ahwile agao...and although I had an axe or two to grind. i do feel for the employees there...40 people lost their jobs becuase of their antics and in this economy its not easy to get anotherr high paying job...a lot of single moms over there who are distraught.