Thoughts On EBAY deal...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Market vote is pretty positive. Take a 5 year look at the stock. It stopped where it absolutely had to. Meg pulled off a good one here I think. It's a small outfit but the name is very much out there, I don't know if it's because I sometimes listen to WFAN here in NYC, but that annoying commercial with the guy yelling STUb HuB, it's burned into my brain. I knew about the company before realizing what they did. That's good marketing.

This has potential to finally get SKYPE involved in something. The thought of calling someone for the vintage concert t-shirt I want on Ebay seems so ludicrous but to firm up plans to get tickets in time for an event? That's something else.

Does anyone know the stub hub rules on prices you can charge? I would imagine there must be some restraints- it can't be scalping- and that would in turn restrain percentages of sales....

Might have to watch HOLL a bit here they own a theater seat web site which is pretty popular.
    I'm kind of surprised Google didn't beat Ebay to the punch here to be honest with you...

But with over 1 b shares outstanding, will this stock ever rock again? Todays a first step. Now Ms Whitman must indicate she really wants to stay.....