thoughts on commissions in futures

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by coolweb, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Why do people just don't believe me?

Even when I post a losing trade, I need to post some form of evidence that I actually did. Unbelievable..

Posting a thread on "Market Monk" I was accused of being the MM, and they shut that thread down. And now.. marketsurfer.. ah.. f*k it.

Remember, I only had an issue with MOVING STOPS. I always had a great strategy/plan/method.

Right now, being the intraday YM margin is $500, I increased my contracts to 10 cars per pop. I don't take partial profits and let the others ride or what not. And I try to stick with a consistent # of contracts for a full month.

Thus, I increased to 10 contracts starting THIS FRIDAY, July 1, 2005.

I observed my own trading, and cut out some of those stupid trades that only had a 50/50 chance, and where I usually end up moving stops.

I have 80% winning strategy. Only draw back is that the R/R is 1:1. I counter that by getting out at Break Even Point Often. Half of the losing trades in the 20% are usually Break Even trades.

Last Friday's Results: (didn't save the blotter.. damn, I should've!!)

10 contracts each trade:
    Comm: rounded upto $5 per contract.

Trade 1: -$ 500, Comm: -$ 50, Net: -$550, Total: -$550
    Trade 2:+$ 550, Comm: -$ 50, Net:+$550, Total: -$50
    Trade 3:+$ 550, Comm: -$ 50, Net:+$500, Total:+$450
    Trade 4:+$ 50 , Comm: -$ 50, Net: $ 0 ,Total:+$450
    Trade 5:+$500, Comm: -$ 50, Net:+$450, Total:+$900
    Trade 6:+$500, Comm: -$ 50, Net:+$450, Total:+$1,350
    Trade 7:+$200, Comm: -$ 50, Net: +$150, Total:+$1,500

Friday was a bad day due to the horrible range that we were in for the most part. My daily goal is $2,000 at the very least.

That was 70 contracts on a very bad day where the Potential Pts was less that 70 pts (calculated from a moving average.)

From doing one contracts, my average for the last couple of days of trading this was around 15 RTs. and multiply that by 10 and you get 150 per day x 20 = 3000 RTs per month. Opps, I was wrong. SORRY!!!

#11     Jul 3, 2005
  2. nitro

nitro

150 RTs a month is nothing and very possible. If you made an honest mistake and this is what you are saying then so be it and no foul.

But your 3000 RTs a month are still a lie.

nitro

#12     Jul 3, 2005
  3. Why would I need to lie to you???

I was being overly conservative earlier, and I calulated it using 100 RTs per day x 5 days/week = 500 RTs per week
    .....and then I multiplied that by 10 for some reason, (maybe it was because everything else, 100, 5, 500 was a multiple of 5 & 10) and I got = 5,000 RTs per month.

**But the actual calculation is 150 RTs per day x 20 days/month = 3,000 RTs per month.

#13     Jul 3, 2005
  4. nitro

nitro

I don't know why anyone needs to lie, but you are.

Here I am going to lie: I do 2000 YM RTs a month at $4.80 a RT.

That was easy. Why did I need to do that?

nitro

#14     Jul 4, 2005
  5. Nitro, you're so right. I was lying to you.

This is so much fun.

I do 500,000 ZN contracts a month as well.

#15     Jul 4, 2005

6. are you in a fat drawdown, nitro? are your programs imploding? you are seriously down on anyone who seems succesful. see you in chicago......

:D:p :p

#16     Jul 4, 2005
  7. nitro

nitro

Nope, programs are actually doing very well. Thanks for asking.

What is fact though is that I don't have ten thousand aliases on ET like you do with the purpose of trying to sucker people into one of your schemes or another, the lastest of which is selling copies of Paul Tudor Jones DVDs on eBay.

I also have never been banned from ET, while I think your count is now at three or four, and counting. According to other sources, you were also banned from other trading internet sites (clearstation or something like that) for similar behavior as you have shown here.

Whether I can trade or not is not at issue, it is the integrity of people like you and liars like your buddy above.

You know what is funny? My guess is that if you had kept your integrity intact, that eventually you might have gotten some of that which you desire from traders. Instead now, even though your trader interviews really add value to this business, most people just see a pathetic dark personality. Too bad...

nitro

#17     Jul 4, 2005
  8. nitro

nitro

Yeah,

And all at $4.80 a roundturn too.

nitro

#18     Jul 4, 2005
  9. No, it was $ 4.82 a RT. Now I get volume discounts, and it is
    $ 1.82 a RT. :p

#19     Jul 4, 2005
  10. nitro

nitro

You keep backtracking.

Here is your first post on this thread:

That is why lying is so tough, you have to keep remembering which version of the lies you told and keep them all straight in your head. With the truth, you only have to remember one thing.

Anyway, continue your fanstasy.

nitro

#20     Jul 4, 2005