Thoughts on a 34" wide screen for trading

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tango29, Feb 17, 2021.

1. tango29

tango29

I was looking at a Samsung 34" wide screen 3,440 x 1,440 and wondering if anyone is using something similar and if they like it or prefer standard screens. I sit roughly 2 feet away from my main screen and probably another 6-10" from the secondary because of how they are set up.

2. rb7

rb7

I use 1x43" 4K and 2x24" HD.
    I love it.
    Not sure what you mean by 'standard screen'.

r.

3. 34" doesn't seem too big at all. If you were asking about an 85 incher, I would get it. But 34"? No big deal one way or other.

4. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

Hi Tango,

I got a 34 Dell. I would recommend doing the 38" get 1600 x 38xx. That extra 15% will be useful for not that much more space.

5. tango29

tango29

Thanks for the input. I found a better deal than what I was originally looking and one of my sons buddy's will buy one of my other monitors, so looking like I will give it a try.

6. maxinger

maxinger

aspect ratio is very bad.
    you should get one with big screen area,
    not a very long X axis (and very tiny Y axis) screen.

7. I don't want to start a new thread, but what would be a great HUGE monitor, not just for trading (well, looking at portfolios in my case), and gaming and work? Just an all round badarse monitor. I think I have one, its big, but its a few years old for sure. What is the latest and greatest big bad boy?

Thanks!!!

8. got a 34" Samsung its amazing

9. bump for my question on jumbo monitors!!

10. rmaskell

rmaskell

I've got a 32" Iiyama monitor running at 2560 x 1440.

#10     Mar 9, 2021