Thoughts, experiences, or opinions re SMB Capital?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by klinker4321, Jan 25, 2021.

1. bhobba

bhobba

I am Bill Hobba. On forums, I generally use bhobba. I suppose it is possible that I used a different id sometime in the past, but I can't recall it. I am very active in Physics-Forums, where I am a mentor. It is possible you have seen some of my posts there.

Thanks
    Bill

#21     Jul 23, 2022
  2. traderjo

traderjo

ok .. post us the results warts and all! in due time so we al can see if it is snake oil or something more

#22     Jul 25, 2022
  3. bhobba

bhobba

No problem. Did the first trade but decided to be careful and did the spread at 10 delta. It went really bad - broke the 10 delta easily - now that is some movement. The next trade worked fine, then the next. Then the next just missed out - but miss out it did. You normally do a debit or credit spread ATM on the SPX with wings to your liking - I usually use 5 points. It usually means risking about $260 to make about $260, but you win overall with the supposed 80% win rate. So far, it's 50-50. I think at least a year is needed to see its worth - or not. To be fair, this is a crappy market. I am doing high probability spreads right now, personally - not trying any fancy trades like Iron Condors or Butterflies I normally like. Did an IC and made a profit, but the adjustments were a pain.

#23     Aug 6, 2022
  4. bhobba

bhobba

Further update. Two signals since the last update. I decided not to take either because every longer-term technical/fundamental screamed bear market. Good thing. Initially went up but toward day end came crashing down. Things are currently not looking good for service, but to be fair, I will reserve judgment until I have used it for a year and renewal comes around.

#24     Sep 7, 2022
  5. bhobba

bhobba

I have ignored the signal many times because other factors said - this can't be right - and sure enough, it didn't work. It may work when this crazy market stabilises but probably will not renew my subscription. Try it yourself if you like - you may have better success - it may just be this crazy market. The money I did make was a bit before this crazy market started. The subscription is for a year, so will still update this thread but am very cautious about taking any of its recommendations.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
    #25     Oct 30, 2022
  6. I watched a few vids a few years ago on YouTube, and that was about it...

In the end... I don't think these 'businesses' really do well.

#26     Oct 30, 2022