Thought for the day............

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by acronym, Apr 12, 2007.

1. And the winner of the Pervert of the Month award goes to:

Chucky! Your prize? Five free hamsters of your own.

#51     May 15, 2007
  2. Thank you. I know just what to do with them.

HAMSTER STEW

5 hamsters
    1/4 lb. salt pork, cubed
    3 onions, diced
    5 stalks celery, diced
    1 bell pepper, diced
    3 (16 oz.) cans sliced tomatoes
    10 c. water
    2 red peppers, whole
    Salt and pepper to taste
    3 potatoes, cubed
    5 tbsp. brown flour (heat the flower, stirring gently, in a frying pan until all of it is lightly browned)
    1/2 c. water

Dip each screaming Hamster in boiling water.

Put on cutting board, one at a time.

Scrape off hair with kitchen knife

Using a 16 inch rolling pin, roll Hamster from tail to mouth with sufficient downward pressure to force all innards out of body cavity.

Use finger and running water to remove any left over gooey matter

Cube into bite size pieces ( the crushed bones will mostly get digested when eaten)

Render the salt pork in a good size iron pot.

Add meat and brown. Remove meat, drain on paper towels.

Add onions, celery and bell pepper to salt pork grease and saute until tender and slightly translucent.

Add tomatoes and a little water if needed and cook down to a pulp on low heat for about 2 hours.

Add hamster meat, 10 cups water and red peppers and salt and pepper to taste.

Cook about 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.

Add potatoes the last 30 minutes of cooking.

Mix brown flour with water in a glass jar and shake vigorously.

Add Maker's Mark to taste; reserve large amounts for lubricating the cook.

Bring stew to a boil and thicken with flour mixture. Serve over rice

#52     May 15, 2007
  3. I will mail the live hamsters immediately to you Chucky.

But you have to send some of that cooking back to me.

Sounds good. I must be hungry...:p

#53     May 15, 2007
  4. Soros

Soros

A world where the Efficient Market Hypothesis is strongly real is a world without the
    As a child, everyone inevitably fiddles around with their first loose tooth until the story of the tooth fairy is heard. Upon learning of the benefits, you make a swift decision to grab some string and loop it around that tooth and tie the other end to a door handle. Patiently you would wait for someone to open that door, but in most cases you kick the door open yourself so you can collect that tooth, a symbol of benefit and take it to your bed at night to claim your reward from the tooth fairy.
    Going to school is just like that time you fiddled with that tooth, not knowing what to do with yourself, until one day, you find out about the rewards that can be reaped from attending a university and collecting a degree, so just like that time you looped a piece of string to your tooth, you enrol in a finance degree at university.
    Enduring the anxiety, stress and pain as you slowly progress through the years and before you know it, wham, the door is open and you have collected your degree.
    Armed with your finance degree you enter the financial world to offer your services as an enthusiastic financial analyst that is willing to learn the techniques and methods to achieve great rewards for your time spent as an undergraduate.
    Unfortunately, this is a world where the efficient market hypothesis reigns and you find that all the techniques such as technical analysis, charting and information collection are useless in helping you analyse and beat the markets to provide an incentive to prospective employers.
    You are left with an unsettling realisation that your years of study have become redundant and that there is no money under your pillow.

Jason Rhee

#54     May 16, 2007
  5. Efficient market what now?

If i could get paid to think, id have a job.

That hampster recipe reminds me of a-i think it was an andean recipe i saw on a doco.

Speaking of cooking, if you were in the andes, you might enjoy this blockbuster trail muffin, as follows;

1 1/2 cups rolled oats,
    1/2 cup shredded/dessicated coconut

A couple of tablespoons of choc chips, probably doesnt matter what sort

a couple of tablespoons of raisins

Mix em up in a bowl, add golden syrup until it kinda sticks all together-not too much though, about 1/3 cup should do, then mix like a feind.
    It wont look like it WILL stick together in the tray, but thats what caremilisation is for, and thats why you pat it down later.

For extra moisture, drizzle in olive oil, help things mix, maybe a couple tablespoons if you have the patience, (more if you dont) and a few teaspoons of water just to help it mix, because you dont want to get caught with too much golden syrup.

Right, dollop that out into a muffin tray, this amount of mix should go perfectly into a standard 6 muffin tray, spray with oil first or whatever you might normally do.

Pat down well with a fork, so theres no gaps in the mixture, bake at the standard 180 C for about , say, 30 minutes seems about right so far.

Let cool to room temp, then try and get the suckers out of there.

Shouldnt need refrigeration, and should last ages, nothing in it to go off-just wrap in glad wrap or something.

Just the ticket for arduous outdoor activity, like a muesli bar only tougher, and with homemade only -a -real -man- could- eat -a- whole one kinda credibilty.

Enjoy.
    I only came up with this recipe the other day, it could use fine tuning, but you can personalise it later, thats the basics.

:)

#55     May 16, 2007
  6. "Profundity is not a prerequisite, but brevity is."

New thought for the day.

"Perhaps greater brevity." :D

#56     May 16, 2007
  7. "Confucius say, man who got to bed with itchy ass , wake up with stinky finger"

#57     May 16, 2007
  8. "Man who stand on pot get high."

---mejustnow

#58     May 16, 2007

9. Hehe, i was thinking that myself:D

TFTDy;

Made a pizza last night;
    the base was soggy.:(

It's surprisingly difficult to get right-
    should have pre-cooked it.
    :cool:

#59     May 18, 2007
  10. They say "the destination isnt important, its the journey that matters", even "getting there is half the fun".

I'm reminded of some particularly unfortunate early explorers, and sailors, who coped with dysentry, scurvy, native attacks, starvation, dehydration, hypothermia.
    And, numerous holiday/road-trip movies (national lampoon comes to mind) really paint a picture that it just isnt the case at all.

Travel aphorisms-totally busted.

#60     May 18, 2007