Thought for the day............

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by acronym, Apr 12, 2007.

1. The "candian blonde" is great, much more in the line of a "session" beer than previous efforts, they were all fantstic in there own right of course.

So, beer is good-even better, theres a record $90 mill lottery draw here in oz.

Gonna get me a ticket. Oh yeah.

Sure , the odds are abysmal, but who gives a crap, $90 mill up for grabs.

Thats....that's almost a 100 mill.
    :)

#471     Jun 28, 2009
  2. My vegetable garden is going ok, my beer brewing has had a holt, due to...........well, to much thinking, actually, oddly enough, and not enough beer drinking.

But summer is coming on strong here in OZ, and it is always beer drinking weather, in summer, in australia.....I'm thinking of a "black and tan", it's a combo of standard session beer and a stout of some description.

It is perfect ale brewing weather, right now, in OZ.

#472     Sep 15, 2009
  3. #473     Sep 15, 2009
  4. Well, the home brew is going so well, I cant keep up with demand. Seriously.

I would like to try a cerveza, and in autumn, put on a stout of some sort, for those colder winter nights.

But I think I would need an extra, small, fermenter (ie, standard size 25 litre or so) to do so-may be worthwhile, given, the "not buying shitty commercial beer " of equivalent amount has already saved...........bizarrely, perhaps in the thousands already.
    I feel like a veteran, many ,numerous kit brews under my belt yet haven't even stuffed around with finishing hops etc, or anything fancy-

Awesome!!! Found a recipe for a "crown lager"clone, sounds great, buuuut.........if the "standard" close to crown lager homebrew is better than it by a margin, why go for the fancy crap?

Indeed.

Hmm, I mentioned some time back , about carpet powder, and it's supposedly amazing properties.

Word to the wise-DO NOT USE FOOT POWDER.

It's almost entirely corn starch anyway, and guess what?
    Your feet could smell great , for a while-change your socks everyday, or twice a day if you want. Basic army training, after all.

I destroyed a brand new pair of shoes, by using foot powder.
    How, you ask? Not like you would, but I'm telling you anyway.

All foot powder, is intended to absorb odours, some kill fungus, sure, but whatever.
    You would never use such a product, without an "issue" in that area, which suggests you wear closed footwear a lot of the time, as I do.

Guess what? Said foot powders, will, invariably leach via sweat/moisture, into your brand new shoes, rendering them as funkworthy as a twenty year old pair of dunlop fucking volley's, that have seen constant use.

Foot powders? Zero intrinsic value, and will, potentially , cost you money.

Stuff 'em.

#475     Nov 26, 2009
  5. #476     Mar 4, 2010