Thought for the day............

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by acronym, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Bought some new shoes the other day, some hi-tec sierra v-lite leather trail -shoe type things.
    There GREAT, all the footbed feel of a super high price hiking boot, comfortable from the word go, superb ankle mobility.

Why did i wear the old faves so long?
    They stank, were falling to bits.......still do, and are......yet im reluctant to throw them out, "just in case" the interlopers let me down some how.

It doesnt feel right, to just dump them unceremoniously amongst vegetable scraps, sardine tins and used tissues.

Im not about to have them bronzed, either, im just saying.

#31     Apr 27, 2007
  2. You need to save them old shoes. I've given this alot of thought. Old clothes and shoes "just feel good" but what to do when we get old? We won't have enough time left in our lives to buy something new and wait for it to get old. So I'm saving my old stuff for when I get old, just in case.

#32     Apr 27, 2007
  3. It illustrates abundance.

#33     Apr 27, 2007
  4. trendo

trendo

Thought for the day:
    "Be true to your teeth and they won't be false to you."

#34     Apr 27, 2007
  5. MaxLD

MaxLD

My thought for the day, speaking of Asians...

The US population is made up of about 4% Asians, yet they make up over 20% of the student body population in our colleges and universities.
    Now, what are the odds for that? This information is put out by greatschools.com.

#35     Apr 27, 2007

6. So true, they just dont make things like they did in the good old days.

They tend to make things much more recently now, than back then.:)

#36     Apr 29, 2007
  7. Thought for the day;

A while back, i was hanging out some washing, as you do. I kept instinctively looking around for dogshit, before i took a step-even without taking a step.

Couldnt beleive it, dont have a dog, no dog in coo-eee in this yard, yet there i was scanning for f#ing fido bombs, just in case.

I had a bad experience with this wearing thongs once, (flip flops) maybe that was it.

I thought that was weird.

#37     May 3, 2007
  8. Thought for the day;

Weve all heard the expression "never look a gift horse in the mouth" and i suspect most would regard it as a truism.

Thing is, this is a very old saying, probably from back when shanks pony or a horse drawn cab was the transport vogue of the day.

Its easy to see the truism of the statement, because even if it was a dud, you could always eat it.

Thats months of food!! Free! And moccassins, or boots-maybe a jacket.

Great value.
    Anything your likely to be given now, will likely COST a lot of money , you sure cant eat a car.

#38     May 5, 2007
  9. "A while back, i was hanging out some washing, as you do. I kept instinctively looking around for dogshit, before i took a step-even without taking a step."

Congrads. Two thoughts in one post. I never thought anyone still hangs out the wash.

But the dogshit... waiting at a traffic light, someone nearby is walking their dog, dog invariably needs to take a dump. The dog owner is watching. This may seem like time stands still and last for five minutes but, say Fido is quick about it and its less than a minute This may happen twice a day, after a week, they have "logged" (yuk yuk) nearly fifteen minutes watching a dog take a dump times 52 weeks a year we are talking 13 + hours.

Now you, like many others (myself included) spend quite a bit of time avoiding these piles, in your case manifesting symptoms of Post traumatic stress disorder, we need to be compensated, unlike dog owners who somehow are oblivious to the fact that they have been watching the dog taking a dump and I have been watching them.

#39     May 5, 2007

10. So true, you should see my posts in the "Pit-bull" thead, whichever one that might have been.
    Trust me, an unexpected encounter with a fido bomb , in flip flops, is ............not nice.

My dear old dad, just yesterday, was knocked clean off his bike by a DOG.
    "Its just a pup" the owners exclaimed.

Strangely, it was a fucking menace, off the leash, illegally, despite being a "pup", and could just as likely have caused very significant injury, in the circumstances.

FUCK OFF, thats BULLSHIT, "Its just a pup"???
    What the hell is that????? An admission the owners have ZERO control over a mutt, and shouldnt own one??YES!!!!!!

#40     May 7, 2007