Those who still use T/A don't get it! :-)

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by traderum, Dec 17, 2009.

1. I have sent you a Private Message with the answer.

#31     May 28, 2010
  2. LOL. I don't need your garbage. I just never one day thought....hmmmmmmmm maybe i'd make more money FADING TA.

Get real dumbass.

Best,

Norman Maxwell Studabaker III

#32     May 28, 2010
  3. As you have chosen to disclose the content of my message to you, but completely out of context, I quote below my two Private Messages to you. You may post your unedited replies if you wish, for the benefit of the audience. I will not post your PMs without permission as it is against the site rules.

It was my choice to contact you privately in the first instance to save you any further embarrassment.

#33     May 28, 2010
  4. Yeah whatever, jog on fella...

...and I give you full permission to post my PMs, frankly my dear I couldn't give a damn.

Bloody back testers...

#34     May 28, 2010
  5. Just for the public record and 'cause I must be really, really bored...

#35     May 28, 2010
  6. Just as an afterthought, how exactly does that translate as polite and generous?!?

I think it's you who needs to cogitate about the way in which you interact with and address people, n'est pas?

#36     May 28, 2010
  7. [​IMG]

For those that don't understand simple plain English and interpret it as gibberish and clichés, I found this example after about 2 minutes of looking on yesterday afternoon's AUDUSD.

Long from X (stop just below entry bar)

Sell 50% at Y (eliminating risk)

Sell remaining 50% on downside break of shooting star candle

Sell short at Z or wait for confirmation from the three spike top candles

Incidentally oh great wise one, clichés usually become so because they pertain to the truth. Also the reason I place little value in back testing is that every moment in the market is unique, so no matter how many parameters you test you cannot replicate in advance the conditions of any specific trade. All we can do is quantify probabilities, execute and manage trades (preferably with some kind of discernible "edge").

And another thing, I find it to be a peculiar coincidence that two overly confident new posters happen to post on the same thread within minutes of each other.

#37     May 29, 2010
  8. Once you have been around here for a while Archie you will begin to recognize those two . . . or should I say one plump narcissist with multiple personalities.

#38     May 29, 2010
  9. Ha ha, nice one Prof.

#39     May 29, 2010
  10. The pattern that I have noticed using the alternate T/A definition is when the proper shaped wedge pattern is in place, a noticeable up-trend will follow.

Good stuff Iplay:p

I have found that a strong up trend fits very nicely into a tight pattern.

JUST WATCH THAT SLIPPAGE:D

#40     May 29, 2010