Those who still use T/A don't get it! :-)

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by traderum, Dec 17, 2009.

1. A poor workman always blames his tools...

#21     May 26, 2010
  2. You should practice harder in being a better troll.

Your flaming is quite pedestrian and quite naive in hoping someone will disclose their strategy to you - an anonymous poster on a public forum just to prove their worth.

Hint - That's what context is all about.:p

Best,
    Christopher Maxwell

#22     May 26, 2010
  3. Descending or ascending?

In my book descending = bullish

ascending = bearish

Of course any indicator signal or pattern should only be read in the context of what everything else is telling you.

#23     May 26, 2010
  4. TA boy: Do not try and guess the price. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
    Neo: What truth?
    TA boy: There is no price.
    Neo: There is no price?
    TA boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the price that moves, it is only yourself.

#24     May 28, 2010

5. Institutions, commercials, funds,......then your one contract.

I'm sure it's worth ripping you off.

Stop blaming everyone else for your own inadequecies.

#25     May 28, 2010
  6. Big Money DOES NOT automatically equate to Smart Money...

As a caveat to my previous post, that's usually following an initial false break of the horizontal reaction level of the ascending/descending triangle... and that ain't in the classic TA text books...

#26     May 28, 2010
  7. Weakhand

Weakhand

what testing has been done to quantify this hypothesis. In fact are there even testable parameters?

Weaky

#27     May 28, 2010
  8. Put in a bit of chart time or better still trade it with small money, best way to do any testing... You get these patterns frequently on all time frames.

Moreover test it for yourself, don't rely on other peoples' studies or opinions.

Why not load up at trend line support/resistance, scale out on the horizontal then dump the rest if the break out fails, then reverse your position once price reacquires the range, fast moves often follow false breaks especially out of narrow consolidation, double bubble.

I make it sound simple I know, it's not really that simple, but it comes with experience which means sitting in front of a screen and studying price action for hundreds, if not thousands of hours.

It has roughly a 75% success rate, but even if the break out is genuine, you'd still be on board for the ride. Moreover, you have very clearly defined risk parameters.

#28     May 28, 2010
  9. Empty your cup.

Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.

Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor's cup full, and then kept on pouring.

The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. "It is overfull. No more will go in!"

"Like this cup," Nan-in said, "you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?"

#29     May 28, 2010
  10. Zen & the art of trading... empty your cup grasshopper...

Not entirely sure I get the point you're making...:p

#30     May 28, 2010