Those Wacky Republicans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dbphoenix, Mar 30, 2015.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Had another bad week, eh? Sorry to hear it.

#71     Apr 3, 2015
  2. BSAM

BSAM

...the right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

Brother DB, think...Where have you seen these words before?
    Can you say the word?:_____________________
    (Fill in the blank.)
    (Hint: The blank contains only one word.)

#72     Apr 3, 2015
  3. BSAM

BSAM

In fact, IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO TELL A USA CITIZEN THAT HIS GUN MUST BE CONCEALED.

#73     Apr 3, 2015
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Can you imagine those whores on the supreme court telling Lucas McCain that his weapon had to be registered, concealed, and that he had to have training to possess it???
    LMAO

#74     Apr 3, 2015
  5. BSAM

BSAM

GOSH-O-MIGHTY AIN'T IT GREAT TO BE ADDICTED TO FREEDOM???

#75     Apr 3, 2015
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

More than one: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of . . .

#76     Apr 3, 2015
  7. maxpi

maxpi

Am I a republican bigot? I don't want to encourage sex addicted men in fuc%^&g each other in their hairy stinking #ssholes. They are capable of forming a subculture that can take every good job away from competent family men. The hiring hall will be the Backdoor Inn and the quality of leadership will be perverted to the level of the ancient world when queers ran rampant over all. If the left wants to bring back the ancient world, they can live in it. Men had recreational sex with boys and kept women like chattel for reproduction. I wonder how these liberal bitches in the US would like to be chattel LOL

#77     Apr 3, 2015
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Do the hospital personnel know you have access to the internet?

#78     Apr 3, 2015
    futurecurrents likes this.
  9. piezoe

piezoe

When Scalia wrote the majority opinion in Heller he took that sentence apart at the comma and threw that pesky introductory phrase -- "A well regulated,,," -- under the bus, so to speak. Ditching the clause enabled him to mutate what otherwise would be irrelevant into a seemingly sound and reasonable argument based on inalienable rights, long-established in English law, and the Founders' opinion regarding the need to protect one's interests against federal encroachment; by force if need be-- never mind that the arms we buy at "Big Bucks" will be of little use against Abrams Tanks. He touched briefly on the definition of arms and bearing arms, as it was understood in the 18th century, and he neatly disposes, in a paragraph or two in an otherwise interminable opinion, of any difficulty caused by the difference between arms today and those at the time the 2nd amendment was crafted. (ATF will still confiscate the nuclear warhead in your backyard because it isn't an armament, it's ordinance, and the Second Amendment gives no right to own ordinance.)

A person less gifted at deception would think that that Second Amendment's introductory phrase would be the killer; the Rubicon which may not be crossed. Since today our militia is the National Guard and individual ownership of arms is in no way essential to a well regulated militia, a sane person might have concluded that the second amendment was as obsolete as other archaic Constitutional peculiarities, such as counting slaves as three-fifths of a person. Nevertheless, the Second Amendment, being held sacred by Winchester and Company, as it is, has never been repealed, despite its seeming irrelevance in 21st Century America. But it turns out the Amendment only seems irrelevant to those who foolishly interpret the introductory phrase as an integral part of the Amendment!

The brilliant and crafty Scalia tiptoed across the Rubicon as though it were a mere wet spot; ground up, spit out, and otherwise dispensed with the introductory phrase, and proceeded to wax eloquently on 17th century English law, inalienable rights, and the Founders very much split opinions regarding the Federal menace.

There is no doubt in my mind that were I married to Scalia, thankfully a zero probability event, I'd buy a glock at Walmart and kill myself.

#79     Apr 3, 2015
    dbphoenix likes this.
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Pffft...No need to feel bad, DB.
    Your President can't bear to say the word CONSTITUTION, either.

#80     Apr 3, 2015