Those Racist Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TGregg, Nov 3, 2009.

1. TGregg

TGregg

Racial disparity: All active ethics probes focus on black lawmakers

The House ethics committee is currently investigating seven African-American lawmakers — more than 15 percent of the total in the House. And an eighth black member, Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.), would be under investigation if the Justice Department hadn’t asked the committee to stand down.

Not a single white lawmaker is currently the subject of a full-scale ethics committee probe.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20091103/pl_politico/29055

Not that I think this is proof of racism. But if the republicans were in charge, the libtards would consider this solid proof of racism. Since it's their own in charge, they are not concerned. More evidence that they really don't care about racism at all, it's just another dishonest tool to use to try to get political power. Since they cannot win on the merits of their ideals, they have to use less honest means to implement their power grabs.

2. Ricter

Ricter

You are a single issue poster.

3. Karma is a bitch.

4. Rank amatuers.

OR

Time for a rewrite of the ethics rules.

5. I think Murtha is under investigation too.

6. kut2k2

kut2k2

You just blew the immoderator's racial theory out of the water. :D

7. kut2k2

kut2k2

The House ethics committee (official name: The Committee on Standards of Official Conduct) is not controlled by Democrats. The committee has an equal number of members from each party, unlike the rest of the committees, which are constituted with the majority of members and the committee chair coming from the party that controls the House. This even split has limited its power by giving either political party an effective veto over the actions of the committee.

For simple-minded conservatives, what this means is the Republican members can block all investigations against Republican House members, while unanimously supporting all investigations of CBC members and other Democrats.

8. Wow. You have just demonstrated a complete lack of any reading comprehension.

9. kut2k2

kut2k2

Classic projection. I read the OP. POLITICO is a right-wing source. I'm not saying they automatically got everything wrong, I am saying I need verification from an independent source.

"Not a single white lawmaker is currently the subject of a full-scale ethics committee probe." Yeah I need to fact-check this before I just accept it.

And evidently TGregg didn't know, or chose to omit, that THE DEMOCRATS DO NOT RUN THE ETHICS COMMITTEE.

The lack of reading comprehension is yours. Unsurprising.

10. Shagi

Shagi

What do you expect from THAT RACIST MODERATOR CALLED TGREGG ?

#10     Nov 3, 2009