Those Born 1930-1979!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sharkbites, Aug 24, 2006.

1. While living in Long Beach, CA...at age 14, went to my brother's house in Vegas, got a license for a motorcycle (had to be under 160cc as I recall)....my Mom bought me a Ducati 125, drove it to my Junior High School in L.B. Never got a ticket, but did get chased a few times, LOL. And, yes, we survived.

At 14, my friends and I would take one of my Mom's cars out (she was a nurse and worked from 11PM to 7AM).....go to my friends garage, and actually take the mufflers completely off (to sound "cool").,...would run up and down the main boulevards (the "real" American Graffiti spots, like Harvey's Broiler, Sunset Strip, Whittier Blvd., etc.)....

My son hit my garage door once, and I almost killed him. LOL.

My how things change...stay the same....change....oh well, we're all still here.

Don:)

#21     Aug 29, 2006
  2. I shit you not, i learned driving from riding three wheeler motorbikes.
    Took some time to turn the wheel, instead of just "leaning " into the window.
    Yup.

#22     Aug 29, 2006
  3. Bootsie

Bootsie

I loved coming home at the end of a day (after biking, shooting hoops, strikeout - hotbox, swimming, looking for frogs / snakes in the woods, etc., etc., etc... ) and taking a deep breath. I knew it was a good day when my lungs would kinda hurt.
    :D

...biked everywhere...

#23     Aug 29, 2006